Donor Engagement Officer
Essex County Community Foundation (ECCF) | Danvers, MA
In its 24th year, Essex County Community Foundation (ECCF) inspires philanthropy across the 34 cities and towns in Essex County, Massachusetts. We do this in three ways: 1) Managing and investing donor’s charitable assets to achieve philanthropic goals; 2) Strengthening and supporting local nonprofits with the knowledge and financial resources needed for local impact; 3) Bringing cross-sector organizations and leaders together to invest in “systems-change” work that addresses social issues in our region.
With over $125 million in charitable assets, the Foundation advises fund/donor advisors on giving strategies to reach their philanthropic goals and maximize their impact. Our family of 290 (and growing) charitable funds delivers over $12 million in grant funding annually.
ECCF has experienced significant growth in the last five years, proving there is real need and opportunity in the regional charitable giving sector. The ECCF team of staff and volunteers work collaboratively, and with great enthusiasm, to deliver on its goals of helping donors fulfill their giving goals and bringing lasting change in their communities.
With a strategic plan driving the growth and impact of the organization (https://www.eccf.org/about), ECCF believes our communities thrive when we have: successful schools and students; safe, clean and green neighborhoods; strong job and economic opportunities; vibrant arts and culture experiences; and healthy people. We, our staff and board, strive to achieve this vision by living these values in our work: Integrity | Collaboration | Equity | Inclusivity | Joy.
Learn more here: https://www.eccf.org/our-work/
Donor Engagement Officer
The Donor Engagement Officer serves as the primary steward for a portfolio of donor advised funds. They engage donors in the larger mission of ECCF and identify causes and organizations that may be of particular interest to donors with advised funds. They support donors with important services that ensure effective and efficient grantmaking from a Fund at ECCF. Additionally, this position will design and manage engagement activities, donor learning opportunities, and community-building events specifically for fund advisors. This position reports to the Vice President of Advancement and Philanthropic Services.
• Serve as primary staff person and foster personal relationships with a portfolio of donor advised funds (DAF) that require an active level of engagement and/or customer service.
• Facilitate conversations with DAF advisors about their philanthropic goals and related strategies. This may include effective philanthropy practices, succession plans, and asset development.
• Implement and manage services that will increase engagement and enhance effective grantmaking of fund advisors. This includes, but is not limited to, in-person and virtual events, site visits, annual giving guides, and other resources.
• Build and maintain a working knowledge of the Essex County nonprofit community, including ECCF initiatives, and share this knowledge with fund advisors by making recommendations of nonprofits doing great work.
• Support the creation of fund advisor communications including a newsletter, website content, and other platforms.
• Act as team lead on the fund advisor portal and support fund advisors and staff in its use.
• Work directly with fund advisors to promptly resolve gift, grant, and other fund issues.
• Maintain fund advisor and fund records in Foundant CRM and database; ensure timely entry of activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications needed for position:
The following are required for this position:
• Demonstrated experience with donor/customer services, with a preference for experience working with high-net-worth individuals.
• Familiarity with fundraising and the world of philanthropy.
• General knowledge of nonprofit organizations and issues that may have long-term impact on communities in Essex County.
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups and individuals and a commitment to upholding ECCF’s values of integrity, collaboration, equity, inclusivity, and joy in all aspects of work.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Well-organized, self-motivated, can-do attitude that takes bring in being a responsive problem-solver.
• A team-oriented “people person” with a natural curiosity and a talent for making meaningful connections.
• Enjoys an environment that values an entrepreneurial spirit, learning-while-doing, and individual accountability.
• Willingness and ability to attend events outside regular work hours as needed.
• Minimum 3-5 year related work experience.
This position is a professional, part-time staff position, (30 hours per week, with opportunity for future growth) and will be eligible to participate in the Foundation’s health plan, retirement plan and other employee benefits. This part-time position has an hourly rate of $28 - $30 per hour, which is commensurate with skill level, experience, and sector benchmarks.
Essex County Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization.
How to apply Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.