Donor Services Coordinator, Fiscal & Regulatory Management
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
The Donor Services Coordinator acts as primary point-person for 2,000+ annual gift-related inquires received via phone, email, and mail from individual and corporate donors as well as internal fundraising teams. The Donor Services Coordinator is committed to providing the highest level of quality customer service while responding to these inquiries on behalf of DFCI’s Division of Philanthropy. This position also works together in collaboration with the Donor Services Specialist and Senior Associate Director, Event Compliance & Data Integrity to support fundraising teams with gift acknowledgements, gift processing instructions, and prospect data management. Responsible for assisting the entire Division with reaching financial goals.
This position is considered remote, up to 1 day in the office at 10 Brookline Place, Brookline, MA each week. DFCI guidelines state that employees must reside in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, or Rhode Island. Resume and cover letter required with application submission.
- Committed to providing the highest quality customer service for 2,000+ annual gift-related inquiries received via email, phone, and mail.
- Serves as the primary contact person for DFCI’s gift acknowledgment letter print vendor responsible for preparing 170,000 letters annually; work efficiently with print vendor and appropriate Philanthropy staff to resolve any related issues on a daily basis.
- Prepares all custom acknowledgements and notifications issued by Philanthropy Fiscal & Regulatory Management, including but not limited to re-issues of tax receipts.
- Periodically reviews automated letter programming and text templates to ensure accuracy, manages annual update of the print process, and assists Data Integrity with testing for letter changes.
- Manages inventory of acknowledgement letter stationery; releases stationery volumes as needed to external acknowledgment letter print vendor; works together with Philanthropy Communications to ensure sufficient quantities of stationery are always on hand to fulfill acknowledgement letter printing needs.
- Manages 150+ matching gift accounts and acts as primary point of contact for matching gift companies, working together with the Donor Services Specialist on verifying matching gift requests.
- Collaborates with the Donor Services Specialist and Senior Associate Director, Event Compliance & Data Integrity for Fiscal & Regulatory Management with managing incoming opt-out requests from donors & processes these requests on an as needed basis.
- Completes ad-hoc projects and provides administrative support related to donor services, including annual audit requests for DFCI Finance & special projects assigned by the Assistant Vice President, Fiscal & Regulatory Management.
- Supports the Data Integrity team with gift proofing, training, merge requests, and deceased notifications on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for assisting the entire Division with reaching financial goals; and
- Maintain highest level of donor confidentiality and accountability.
- Reports to the Senior Associate Director, Event Compliance & Data Integrity for Fiscal & Regulatory Management. Seeks major decision-making authority from supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with 1-3 years of professional experience.
- Responsibly handles inquiries courteously and efficiently in compliance with defined standards.
- Detail-oriented team player who is trustworthy, dependable and has excellent verbal, written language, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong reading and oral communication skills required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook and Excel required.
- This position will evaluate current programs and create and execute approved plans to expand and diversify the donors and participants for the events assigned in order to broaden our donor base and create even more inclusive events. Experience with diverse donors is a plus.
To learn more and to apply, please visit: http://https://careers.dana-farber.org/donor_services_coordinator_fiscal_regulatory_mngt_
About Dana-Farber Cancer Institute:
We’re hiring! Learn more about working in the Division of Philanthropy and view all open positions.At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Embody Dana-Farber’s Core Values: Impact; Excellence; Compassion & Respect; and Discovery every day. Add value to the Dana-Farber community by seeking opportunities to collaborate across the Institute. Foster an ethical, positive, results-oriented culture founded on open communication. Dana-Farber is pursuing an ambitious, multi-year fundraising effort to change the future of cancer research and care: The Dana-Farber Campaign. This $2 billion campaign is the largest in the Institute’s history and one of the largest ever in the U.S. focused solely on cancer. Philanthropy raised through The Dana-Farber Campaign will accelerate the Institute’s strategic priorities by supporting revolutionary science, extraordinary care, exceptional expertise, and essential opportunities—helping us prevent, treat, and Defy Cancer.