Please note: The internal job title for this role is Sr. Associate, Event Management - Catalyze. We changed the name here for recruitment purposes and to help candidates better understand the role. The application link will lead you to a post with the internal title.
ABOUT NEW PROFIT
New Profit is a nonprofit venture philanthropy organization that backs breakthrough social entrepreneurs who are advancing equity and opportunity in America. New Profit’s strategy focuses on building a breakthrough portfolio of grantee-partners to take on entrenched systemic challenges in America, including by driving resources and support to Black, Indigenous, and Latino/a/x social entrepreneurs who have unique proximity to solutions, but face stark racial funding disparities in philanthropy; and investing in social entrepreneurs with new systems change models across a range of issues. Learn more at www.newprofit.org.
In 2014, we created New Profit’s Catalyze Investments to address the significant lack of investment in organizations with leaders and focus areas that have historically been underinvested in, such as democracy reform and criminal justice. Through Catalyze Investments, we identify and invest in high potential early-stage organizations led by diverse social entrepreneurs working in historically underinvested areas. We also build organizations’ capacity to accelerate their growth and transition to mid-stage organizations. To date, we have supported 88 organizations across over 10 cohorts and have deployed $6M+ in direct investments.
New Profit seeks an energetic, detail-oriented, and highly organized individual to lead complex logistics for the Catalyze Investments’ 15-20 in-person and virtual events that host a range of participants from 10-150 as well as support other New Profit portfolio events. The Senior Associate, Event Management will be a member of New Profit’s Portfolio team.
The Senior Associate is responsible for managing event logistics and ensuring a flawlessly executed onsite experience for New Profit’s convenings. The Senior Associate works closely with the Portfolio team, Catalyze Investments team, Operations team, and Finance teams to support expense and budget management, vendor oversight, registration management, décor and look and-feel as well as intense customer service engagement with participants before, during and following events.
A successful Senior Associate will develop tools to track event progress, manage colleagues towards deadlines and key milestones, and proactively drive work forward while remaining adaptable. A key element of our success to date is rooted in our commitment to designing convenings that inspire, energize, and strengthen our community by closely linking event logistics with the content being delivered.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- In partnership with cohort and portfolio leads determine operational plan and logistics for Catalyze Investments and other portfolio in-person convenings including, but not limited to, registration, vendor selection and oversight, food and beverage, travel and accommodations, and meeting needs
- Independently manage and execute operational logistics for virtual convenings including zoom set-up and management as well as other digital tools to facilitate adult learning
- Coordinate with venue representatives and independent contractors in advance of events to ensure successful experiences for participants
- Track and monitor ongoing expenses in order to successfully manage event budgets
- Utilize, assess, and improve technical systems used to track and report on event-related data
- Manage relationships with multiple internal and external constituencies and stakeholders including, but not limited to, the event venues, vendors, participants, and the New Profit team
- Work with New Profit staff, contractors, and others to support the development and production of Convening materials including program materials and other event collateral
- Manage attendee gift and onsite décor process and orders with eye to event design, quantity, and cost
WHO YOU ARE
- 2-3 years of experience with a strong record of achievement and demonstrated ability to successfully manage vendor relationships and negotiate event and venue contracts
- Superior project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to track and juggle various projects and deliver high-quality results on time
- Superior detail-orientation and deadline-driven work ethic, as part of an unwavering commitment to quality and customer service
- High level of interpersonal maturity and poise, including “grace under pressure”
- A comfort with and willingness to “manage up” thereby ensuring that senior team members stay informed and supported to meet their commitments
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with ability to professionally represent New Profit and our Convening efforts to all constituents
- Outstanding ability to understand the functions, strengths, and weaknesses of various web-based tools; command of Microsoft Office programs; experience with Zoom and other platforms that facilitate virtual meetings and dynamic learning experiences
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment patience and creativity to adjust course as necessary
- Administrative experience with budgets, expenses, vendor tracking, and project management
STARTING SALARY: $62,500
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please follow this link: https://newprofit.applytojob.com/apply/zZrHiIsq8H/Senior-Associate-Event-Management-Catalyze
As an equal opportunity employer, New Profit recognizes the power of a diverse community and strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. New Profit offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. Please no phone calls or direct emails.