MassRecycle is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit, statewide coalition of individuals, governments, businesses, institutions and nonprofit organizations dedicated to promoting and realizing the vital environmental, social and economic benefits created by reducing, reusing and recycling waste materials, and by increasing the utilization of recycled products.
MassRecycle is seeking an Executive Director needed for a statewide non-profit organization based on the principles of waste reduction, diversion, and recycling. This person will be the anchor to keep the organization operational. Board consists of representatives from municipalities and waste service providers. The Executive Director will help the Board transition from hands on work to a guidance role. Current staff includes an Operational Manager (half time contractor-based) and sometimes a part time intern for special projects.
- Position will start as a contractor during trial 3-month period then position will transform into employee status
- Part time 10-15 hours, with opportunity for growth based on success
- $30+ per hour, based on qualifications
- Work remotely
- Hours will increase before and during the annual conference
- Experience working with in an environmental non-profit
- Strongly prefer experience in the Massachusetts solid waste and recycling field
- High degree of professionalism and comfort with representing MassRecycle to donors and partner organizations
- Adept in use of computer programs including Microsoft Suite; Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Collaborative and flexible team player
- Requires flexibility of schedule to accommodate needs of the organization that may include infrequent weekend and evening events
- Strong command over written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively handle multiple competing projects with an eye on deadlines and goals
- Capable leader, manager and coach for board, intern or volunteer talent
- Good entrepreneurial work ethic and a desire to “get the job done”
- Oversee all administrative functions of the organization and continue to refine operations including historical archives
- Prepare monthly and annual reports
- Help identify and facilitate new candidates for the Board
- Prepare preliminary budget and continuously monitor
- Handle Board elections
- Prep and run Board meetings
- Managing daily financial operations (write weekly checks & monitor banking activity)
Strategic Planning Responsibilities:
- Formulate annual objectives in concert with and as directed by the Board of Directors
- Monitor achievement of goals and objectives
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all MassRecycle programs and activities to communicate the organization’s mission, vision, and funding needs
Development & Fundraising Responsibilities:
- Assess stakeholders needs
- Organize fundraising campaigns
- Creation of promotional materials and news stories and oversee electronic / social media content with an eye towards creating material that informs and cultivates our community
- Research into potential grant money available appropriate to our work
- Spokesperson, attends virtual meetings
- Develop fundraising plan to be incorporated in everything we do
- Represents the organization when president is not available
- Prepare presentations and materials for meetings with current donors and prospects
- Handle high level communications with other organizations, sponsors
- Responsible for managing and enhancing systems for donor prospecting, solicitation, and stewardship, including management and execution of donor gratitude strategy.
- Work with organizational leadership to identify annual fundraising priorities, plan development calendar, and set quarterly revenue targets.
- Ensure that the annual conference is profitable and relevant
- Liaison with Product Stewardship Council and potentially interact with legislators and/or their aids.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to Admin@MassRecycle.org by June 15, 2020.