EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SOUGHT: ENLACE DE FAMILIAS
Enlace de Familias has been a cornerstone of the Holyoke, MA area in serving and empowering residents and families for 27 years. Located in South Holyoke as a family center, Enlace provides family support and advocacy, community mobilization, and training to empower families. The long-term executive director is retiring in the fall; thus, the board seeks an executive director with compassion and deep respect for the Holyoke community and its residents.
New Opportunities at Enlace
The needs of Enlace’s client population and community continues to grow due to the impact of COVID19, an increase in poverty, severe affordable housing shortages in Holyoke, and a challenged school system, to name a few. Enlace is poised for growth in service depth and expansion, and this will require building the business infrastructure of the organization, fundraising to expand its revenue sources, and deepening the collaborations with the extensive service provider network in Greater Holyoke. The board expects to work with the new executive to focus on implementing Enlace’s strategic priorities:
- Financial stability: Establish a solid financial position with a base of support from foundations and individual donors, and an actively engaged fundraising board.
- Become the go-to organization and expert for Holyoke area families’ resources and evolving needs, influencing collaborative service providers in relevant, adequate care and support.
- Empower families and residents to enrich their lives as its core approach and role.
- Support the skill-building of its leadership governance body to grow its culture of engagement and inquiry.
- Engage people and groups throughout Holyoke as volunteers and partners to support Enlace’s community mobilization work.
A Summary of the Position Responsibilities:
The Executive Director is responsible for leading, managing and creatively sustaining the health and efficacy of Enlace. The ideal candidate for this role will embrace and embody the values and mission of Enlace, with cultural competence and demonstrated, principled commitment to working on behalf of those who are low income.
General responsibilities and duties for this full-time position include:
- Planning and strategic development to guide the strategic vision, development, and implementation of programs and services that respond to emerging trends and community needs;
- Fundraising and new revenue development to support organizational sustainability and new initiatives;
- Effectively representing Enlace at community events and meetings, and engaging with community stakeholders and constituents;
- Overseeing the organizations impact on program goals and assuring the delivery of the highest quality services and resources to diverse community members and partners;
- Providing sound fiscal oversight and budget planning and reporting;
- Overseeing operations for efficiency, all human resource duties, and ensuring staff are effective in their work;
- Creating an organizational culture that is inclusive, respectful, and mindful of cultural differences; and
- Supporting the Board of Directors in its trusteeship, providing them with all information needed to carry out their duties.
- Enlace is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be proficient in the languages of English and Spanish and represent and/or appreciate the multiple cultures expressed in Holyoke.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least five years of leadership experience.
To make recommendations or to express your interest in this role, please upload your resume and cover letter here: https://eostransitions.applicantpool.com/jobs/. All nominations, inquiries, and discussions will be considered strictly confidential. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. This is a salaried position with a pay scale of $75,000 - $85,000. Eos Transition Partners is managing this search, led by Nancy Jackson.
About Eos Transition Partners
Eos Transition Partners hires remarkable leaders by treating client organizations as a respected, engaged, and informed partner throughout the transition process. Eos appreciates and holds the anxiety about finding the next leader, listening carefully to the uniqueness of the client organization, culture, or field of work. Eos then does the groundwork of recruiting candidates and provides the search committee with quality information. Comprehensive search services are offered as well as an a la carte menu of engagement options, allowing organizations a choice in the degree of consulting involvement needed. Nancy Jackson and John Tarvin are the principal owners of Eos Transition Partners. For more information, visit: https://eostransitions.com.