The Chaplaincy Innovation Lab at Brandeis University is recruiting a Financial and Grants Administrator. This position is responsible for managing all the financial activities of the Chaplaincy Innovation Lab under the supervision of Dr. Wendy Cadge. These financial management responsibilities include the preparation of annual budgets, as well as oversight of the financial transactions of the Lab, and the preparation and submission of regular financial reports to Lab leadership. Grant administration responsibilities include the post-award administration, management, reporting and oversight of Federal, Non-federal, Foundation, and other sponsored programs awarded to the Lab, from the receipt of the Notice of Grant Award through award close-out. This position is also responsible for the accurate and timely submission budgets for proposed projects (grants, contracts, fellowships, training awards, etc.), working closely with the Office of Research Administration (ORA). Provides administrative support to Dr. Wendy Cadge.
Examples of Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for tracking information for grants including updating budgets, as needed, projecting personnel and non-personnel expenses, monitoring accounts, reviewing account records for accuracy, reconciling all accounts to Workday and generating reports monthly for the Principal Investigators. Also responsible for monitoring grants to avoid over expending and working with the Sponsored Programs Accounting office to facilitate accurate close-out of the accounts. Work with the Office of Research Administration to review budgets for submission.
- Assist with developing budgets, tracking personnel salaries, processing carry-forwards, rebudget or revisions to grant budgets, preventing or resolving cost over-runs. Work with personnel in Procurement, HR, payroll or other offices to correct errors or overages. Administers accurate grant policy management for grant funded projects, including interpretation and articulation of sponsor regulations for guidelines/requirements, and university policies. Manages the allocation of funds and monitors expenditures activities for compliance to regulations of granting agencies and university policies from start to close. Complete funding analysis on monthly basis to ensure grant expenditure according to federal, sponsor, and university guidelines and application.
- Preparing, managing compliance with and reporting on all financial plans and budgets related to the activities of the Chaplaincy Innovation Lab including annual financial plans and the Lab's annual operating budget. Prepares monthly reports, monitoring expenditures to avoid over-expending and highlights issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Managing all Lab contracting activities, working with Brandeis Contracts department to ensure accurate and appropriate contracting relationships are in place. Ensure that the Lab is in compliance with all of its contracted relationships. Ensure that contractors are compliant with the terms and conditions set forth in contractual/agreement documents. Oversee and manage contractor payments, ensuring that they are paid on time, as well as managing partner invoice payments, including invoicing for services as provided by the Lab.
- Providing administrative support for supervisor including managing calendar, scheduling meetings and providing other assistance as requested. Coordinating all Lab-related human resources activities in conjunction with Brandeis Human Resources, including handling all human resource-related paperwork and the administrative tasks associated with the employment of student interns, graduate students
Requires experience equivalent to, or graduation from, a four-year college or university in a field relevant to the management of fiscal resources. Masters degree preferred and 3-5 years of financial management and/or grants financial administration experience required. Knowledge of Workday or similar financial management systems required.