Are you interested in a position that will make a difference in your life and the lives of others? Community Teamwork is a private non-profit organization with over 500 employees dedicated to reducing barriers and creating opportunities for low income individuals and families.
We are seeking a Career Coach (Financial Career Coach) who will work on a team and assist in the development and implementation of all programs of the Financial Education Center (FEC). The Career Coach will work with clients on attaining employment while coaching them on personal finance, and will assist them in qualifying for our Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT) program.
Do you have any experience with Labor Market Research or job searching or do you have an understanding of personal finance? If you would like to make a difference by assisting individuals in crisis by helping them find a job that matches their skills or finding the right training program that would yield them a living wage, then this job is for you. As a Career Coach, you would play a key role teaching individuals how to manage their finances when they become employed.
Training will be provided to the driven candidate that has the willingness to learn and make a difference in people’s lives.
- Provide financial education and employment services programming.
- Provide case management to clients on a regular basis.
- Provide workshops and presentations both in-person and on virtual platforms.
- Assist clients with applying for CTI’s programs.
- Assist clients as needed in addressing specific issues regarding financial/credit management.
- Identify services needed for members’ personal, educational/or skill development to enhance employability.
- Create individual employment goals.
- Create personal finance management goals.
- Perform intake and data collection as per all funding source requirements.
- Experience with helping individuals who are at risk.
- Experience with helping individuals find a job.
- Comfortable with personal finance or comfortable going through training to learn how to teach personal finance.
- Experience giving presentations
- Associates degree required
- Case management services to low-income families.
- Employment counseling and placement services experience.
- Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Understanding of basic personal finance management
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain accurate records and maintain confidentiality of information
- Knowledge and experience working with low income, culturally diverse, and at-risk individuals
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Bilingual (English/Spanish, English/Khmer, English/Portuguese) preferred.
- Ability to take part in certification programs that include Financial Social Work and Credit Repair.
- Must have evidence of full COVID-19 immunization or must request and receive approval for a religious or medical exemption.
CTI offers a comprehensive benefits package including, Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Tuition Reimbursement and a 5% contribution to your 401K, 11 paid Holidays, 4 weeks of Paid Time Off, paid sick leave and much more.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Community Teamwork is a drug free work environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of an innovative, outcome focused team in an organization committed to excellence.