The Foundation Associate reports to the Director of Advancement and Communication with a dotted-line responsibility to the Director of Finance & Administration. The Foundation Associate will incorporate best practices to facilitate and process gifts, maintain constituent records and will be responsible for overall database management of donor information and reporting; participate in fundraising efforts; assist with special events and community outreach; and participate in PDF’s grantmaking process. Foundation Associate will work closely with the Director of Finance & Administration with tracking gift deposits, generating gift reports.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for timely, accurate gift/data entry and database management of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge. Able to track, monitor, and analyze gifts. Produce reports and donor acknowledgement letters.
- Prepare segmented mailing lists from data files for direct mailings in support of annual solicitations, appeals, and other external communications.
- Serve as an ambassador of PDF. Interact and maintain ongoing relationships with individual donors; educate donors about PDF’s mission, vision and programs through in-person visits, by phone, e-mail, letters, and/or other appropriate forms of communication including onsite and offsite events and venues.
- Work in collaboration with staff to create and implement PDF’s fund-raising plans and programs
- Perform general office duties including answering phones, maintaining working operations of office equipment, copying, filing, retrieving mail, prepare deposits.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
Three or more years’ experience with database management and fundraising activities. Demonstrated proficiency using Raiser’s Edge NXT and Microsoft Office applications. Candidate must model stellar customer service and communication skills, be self-directed, have strong analytical skills with an eye for details, be team oriented, able to move between tasks and respond to competing requirements within job functions. Spanish proficiency is preferred.
Salary and Benefits
- This position offers a competitive salary consistent with experience
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Paid sick, holiday, vacation and personal days
- Flexible work schedule