The Foundation Associate, working at the PDF Center for Peace and Justice in Amherst, will support senior staff with implementation of PDF’s grants management, compliance and due-diligence; will help to produce materials and reports; participate in PDF’s grantmaking process; and support and participate in PDF’s fundraising and donor management activities.
The Peace Development Fund is a public foundation home-based in Amherst, MA. PDF builds the capacity of community-based organizations through grants, training and other resources as partners in the human rights and social justice movements. We offer an administrative position in a dynamic, successful and progressive public foundation, helping to raise funds and provide capacity for grassroots communities.
Above Responsibilities include:
1. Manage PDF’s Blackbaud Grantmaking database (70%)
• Process outgoing grants: including Community Organizing grants, Donor Advised Fund grants, Fiscal Sponsorship disbursements, De Colores Fund grants, and any designated or special grants.
• Maintain grants database: ensuring complete and up-to-date records
• Produce reports and analysis: reconcile grants input with Finance team
•Provide grantee stewardship: tracking, notification and assistance with reporting, due diligence and compliance
• Participate in PDF’s annual Community Organizing Grants cycle and Grassroots Fundraising Week
• Support Program Staff, work with work-study students/interns and volunteers in the implementation of the above programs, and other PDF grantmaking activities and administrative processes
2. Support PDF staff and Board to implement PDF’s fund-raising activities, plans and programs (20%)
• Contribute concepts and author pieces for PDF’s social media, publications and donor communications.
• Support and assist in occasional donor visits, participate in fundraising events and other activities.
• Other duties as assigned
3. Community outreach (10%)
• Assist in planning and producing community events and activities in the Pioneer Valley and other key locations
• Attend special events, conferences, trainings and other activities as a member of the staff team to enhance PDF’s visibility in the social justice and donor communities