Fresh Truck is on a mission to radically impact health by getting fresh food to those who need it most. Our goal is to improve health outcomes and lower health care costs for communities that endure the highest rates of diet-related disease.
How we do it
- Fresh Truck operates converted school buses as mobile markets to make affordable, healthy food accessible to low-income communities.
- Our FreshConnect food prescription program enables health care providers to cover the cost of food for patients across our mobile market sites informing patient care.
We are looking for an experienced development manager to help cultivate relationships, share meaningful stories, and raise the critical funds to support our mission.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the Fresh Truck Executive Director to set strategic priorities, goals, budgets, and procedures for development activities
- Responsible for end-to-end systems for donor prospecting, solicitation, and stewardship from a diverse base of supporters including corporations, foundations, and individuals
- Manage prospecting, writing, and submission of new grant proposals including post-award activities
- Plan and execute major fundraising campaigns including Fresh Truck annual event
- Attend, assist, and represent Fresh Truck at key fundraising events, speaking engagements, tours, and other programs
- Produce development materials including, website, newsletter, one-pagers, and annual reports
- Own the ground-up development of Fresh Truck’s annual fund
Who you are
- Equipped with 4+ years of experience in a nonprofit development role; professional experience in Boston a plus
- Natural relationship builder with excellent communication skills
- Exceptionally organized and extremely attentive to detail, with planning, and prioritization skills that don’t falter in a fast-paced work environment
- A curious and proactive problem solver who is eager to learn new things
- Experience with HubSpot, Salesforce, or similar CRM platforms, and Microsoft office suite
- Understanding of health care trends and social determinants of health is a plus
What you’ll get
- Competitive, experience-based compensation
- Access to Fresh Truck’s board of directors and network of world-class healthcare partners
- Free fruits and vegetables from Fresh Truck’s mobile market
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Opportunities for professional development and rapid career growth
- 3-weeks paid vacation to start
To apply, please email your resume along with a note about why you’re interested in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.