POSITION: GRANT WRITER (Full-Time/Non Exempt)
RESUME AND COVER LETTER WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Established in 1968, Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción (IBA) empowers and engages individuals and families to improve their lives through high quality affordable housing, education and arts programs.
JOB SUMMARY: The Grant Writer is responsible for supporting the Chief Development Officer by researching, writing, editing and submitting proposals, letters of inquiry, thank you letters, requests to sponsors and other correspondence. Grant Writer will work as a member of a team responsible for increasing, diversifying and sustaining philanthropic support for IBA from foundations, individuals, corporations and government sources. The Grant Writer will organize electronic grant files, submit monthly reports and complete regular database entry. The Grant Writer will conduct funder prospect research on a regular basis. The Grant Writer reports to IBA’s Chief Development Officer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Planning, Writing and Reporting
- Researches, writes grant proposals, letters of inquiry, thank you letters, and reports to multiple funding sources.
- Researches potential corporations, foundations, and government sources of funding.
- Works with Chief Development Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Finance staff and Senior Program Director on grant prioritization and strategy.
- Meets with each Program Director at least bi-monthly to discuss upcoming deadlines, any programmatic updates and grant strategy.
- Supports the Chief Development Officer and Chief Executive Officer in their funder cultivation efforts.
- Keeps organized and accurate electronic files of all fundraising documents (grants, reports, letters, etc.)
- Prepares and sends grant acknowledgements in a timely fashion.
- Organizes materials for proposal submissions and submits.
- Miscellaneous office work including but not limited to photocopying and filing of documents.
- Enters and updates accurate grant information in Salesforce (funder information, proposals submitted, funds raised, deadlines, tasks, etc.) on a daily basis.
- Generates and disseminates fundraising reports (e.g. showing secured, pending, anticipated funding etc.) from Salesforce on a regular basis. These include but are not limited to tailored monthly reports for each Program Director and bi-weekly “30-60-90” report for Executive Team.
- Participates fully in staff meetings.
- Participates fully in the organization’s annual community and fundraising events.
- Carries out ad hoc duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (English, nonprofit management, business management, etc.)
- At least 2 years of experience in grant research and writing, including preparation and submission to federal and state agencies, foundations and corporations.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Bilingual, Spanish-English, preferred.
- Strong administrative, organizational skills, and attentive to details.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks accurately and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team setting.
- Experience working with Salesforce, preferred.
- High degree of computer literacy with excellent knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and data base software application required.
- Good moral character, mature judgment, and a strong sense of responsibility and dedication.
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style; capable of motivating others.
- Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to drive complex, multi-faceted projects forward to deliver results on time; advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills and the ability to multi-task and handle a high pressure environment with timeline pressures.
- Experience working in an urban community with diverse population.
- Customer service-oriented.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
- 1 - 2 years of experience in grant granting, proposal development, preparation, and writing, including budget preparation and submission to federal and state agencies, foundations, and/or corporation, preferred but not required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, cover letter and one writing sample (3 pages maximum) to:
IBA-Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción
405 Shawmut Avenue
Boston MA, 02118