The Community Group (TCG) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to create, manage, and nurture high quality programs focused on education and related services that support families. TCG operates child care programs, a child care resource and referral program, and holds a management contract with Community Day Charter Public Schools. We are seeking an exceptional grant writer to join our team. We are looking for candidates with proven government and foundation proposal writing skills with experience in the education sector, particularly early education and K-12.
Responsibilities will include conducting prospect research, proposal writing, report writing, and working with program and finance staff to develop grant budgets. Candidates should be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
The work schedule can be flexible but will include both in-person and remote hours. This opportunity is an employment position, and we will consider applicants interested in working between 20 – 40 hours/week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare proposals and applications to foundations, corporate donors and governmental agencies in order to secure grants and donations that address the funding priorities of TCG programs.
- Conduct research to identify potential funders based on fundraising targets established with the Director of Development.
- Develop an annual schedule that includes a blend of grants to be continued and renewed as well as new grants.
- Communicate with managers and directors to develop grant budgets that reflect the budgetary needs of programs.
- Prepare interim and final narrative reports per funder's requirements.
- Collect documentation for grant activities.
- Maintain organized grant files.
- Communicate with program managers to maintain knowledge of their program goals and objectives.
- Provide written materials to support TCG’s marketing and public relations activities.
- Other duties assigned to support TCG’s fundraising and program development objectives.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
- Successful public and private grant writing experience.
- Work experience in education or related field.
- Highly organized, able to meet deadlines and balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to function independently and work effectively with other staff.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in software applications.
To apply please send a resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates may be asked to submit a writing sample.
The Community Group is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.