Just-A-Start Corporation (JAS) seeks a Grant Writer responsible for supporting JAS’s Resource Development philanthropy program through effective and timely development and implementation of grant applications and renewals. The Grant Writer is responsible for increasing revenue from current and new foundation and corporate donors through research and proposal preparation and submission, as well as identification of new prospects. This is a part-time position, preferably three days/week.
KEY JOB ACTIVITIES
Proposal Development and Submission
- Identify and qualify new prospects for support.
- Research funding opportunities through websites, databases, and internet research, with input from the Leadership Team, members of the Board, and staff.
- Prepare grant proposals by researching current data on issues, drafting proposals and budgets, and incorporating feedback from staff.
- Collaborate with program staff, including the Manager of Learning and Evaluation, to incorporate program data into proposals and reports.
- Submit all grant proposals to funders, including budgets and attachments, on time.
- Develop and maintain a broad base of knowledge about topics relevant to Just-A-Start (e.g. housing, workforce development, education, homelessness, public policy, etc.).
- Connect with online resources for notifications about funding opportunities.
- Help develop an annual calendar of grant opportunities and reports.
Stewardship and Grant Tracking
- Track grant due dates, submissions, funding decision timelines, and communications with funders in Salesforce.
- Run reports of prospect/funder activity and track progress.
- Follow up on approved or declined grants, including writing acknowledgement letters to help relationships with foundation and corporate staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of two years related experience or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years of fundraising/grant writing experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Computer Skills: proficient with Microsoft Office, including Power Point, Excel and Word. Salesforce and WordPress experience a plus.
- Familiarity with social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
Just-A-Start (JAS) is a nonprofit community development corporation dedicated to building a better future for Cambridge and nearby communities by providing affordable housing, education, training, community engagement and supportive services. Since 1968, JAS has been serving residents of Cambridge and surrounding communities to empower individuals and families to meet their potential. Visit us at www.justastart.org to learn more.