Grants Administrator, Post-award
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The Grants Administrator Post-award ensures that all grant-funded activities are discharged and accounted for in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and donor restrictions. Meet various reporting requirements, both internal and external. Ensure integrity and availability of grant records off-line and within the Blackbaud Financial accounting system. Maintain a working knowledge of all the regulatory requirements associated with the receipt and management of government grants and contracts.
- Manage Post-award duties for a portfolio of 150-250 grants and contracts of various size and complexity.
- Prepare 10-15 reconciliation monthly.
- Prepare 10-15 Journal entries monthly.
- Manage 50-70 pledges.
- Submit 15-25 payment requests per month.
This position is regular, full-time, Monday-Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, 40hrs/week
Assistant Controller, Restricted Funds and Compliance
- Bachelors of Science or Arts degree
- 1 or more years of grants accounting related experience, including knowledge of OMB, CFR, and FAR regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of post award grant cycle.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- High level of initiative, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under time-sensitive deadlines with minimal supervision.
Exempt (Salaried). $55,000 - $60,000 annually
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, a Museum Membership, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
Staff, interns, and volunteers will be required to show proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. The Museum will consider an exemption from the vaccine requirement if they are unable to get vaccinated due to a qualifying medical disability or a sincerely held religious objection. The Museum is not required to provide an accommodation or exemption from the vaccine requirement if doing so would pose a direct threat to others in the workplace or would create an undue hardship for the Museum.
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.