GRANTS AND PROGRAMS COORDINATOR
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Assists the DentaQuest Partnership (DQP) staff to carry out the administrative and accounting activities for strategic grantmaking using FLUXX (the DQP grantmaking software).
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Administrative coordination of the DQP grants management process and support of the three grants team members and team leadership, grantees, and applicants, including grants and program coordination and support, grants management software administration, and administrative and process support. Provides quality and aligned support for grantmaking-related activities and needs, including administration of technology, reporting, communications, and system improvements.
Grants Management Software Support
• Maintain the integrity of the online grants management system and serve as the lead system administrator, including the implementation of minor upgrades and/or changes.
• Serve as the main help desk support for staff, advisors, and partners to assist and troubleshoot technical issues, and work directly with vendors on unresolved issues as needed.
• Communicate and manage system updates or issues that affect staff, advisors, partners, or business processes.
• Manage grant payments and finance through the system.
• Support the grants team by producing reports, data analysis, and research as requested.
Grants Management Support
• Provide overall administration of the grants management process, including scheduling, set up, and leading various meetings, correspondence, materials preparation, and integrating technology and technical assistance.
• Work with the grants, finance, and operations teams to administer and supervise the grant payment process and audit requirements, including check requests, award letters, terms and conditions, contracts, and related program and project documentation.
• Support the team to research, produce, and distribute quality data analysis, reporting, presentations, and materials needed for various publications, events, and meetings.
• Provide quality assurance for all aspects of the grants management process and lead improvement efforts as needed.
• Participate in professional development opportunities and perform all necessary employee requirements.
• Other duties as requested.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in relevant field
• Two or more years of demonstrated success in administration or experience working with databases, software, websites, or other technical platforms
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team
• Detail-oriented, highly organized and able to juggle multiple assignments in a results-driven environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of/familiarity with the field of philanthropy and/or nonprofit sector
• Superior verbal and written skills including the ability to write clear and effective documents and reports
• Demonstrated competency using Microsoft Office and software
• Attends additional training as requested/deemed necessary
• Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
• Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
• Manual dexterity and sitting are required in carrying out the position's own position responsibilities (i.e. use of a personal computer).
• Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
• Incumbent works primarily in a shared office environment.