Job Title: Grants Coordinator
The Grants Coordinator works as part of a team within the Development Department who are responsible for increasing, diversifying, and sustaining philanthropic support from foundations, corporations, and government sources. This position is responsible for researching, writing, proofreading, editing and submitting proposals, letters of inquiry, reporting, thank you letters and other correspondence. The Grants Coordinator also organizes electronic grant files, completes regular database entry, helps manage grant deadlines, and conducts funder research. The ideal candidate will be an excellent written communicator, highly organized, and skilled in project management. This position reports to the Institutional Giving Manager.
Planning, Writing, and Reporting:
· Work collaboratively with agency staff to request and coordinate information and materials needed to prepare compelling proposals and reports.
· Research, write, and submit compelling grant proposals, letters of inquiry, reports, and thank you letters to multiple funding sources.
· Research studies, reports, and relevant statistical data to strengthen agency proposals.
· Conduct prospect research (corporations, foundations, and government funding sources) to identify prospective funding sources.
· Maintain funder files, grant awards, and reporting in GrantHub grants management software/database, and conduct routine cleanup.
· Maintain a library of common proposal attachments and develop/maintain tools to answer commonly asked proposal questions.
· Prepare and send grant acknowledgements/thank you letters in a timely fashion.
· Maintain grants calendar in GrantHub.
· Work with Institutional Giving Manager, VP of Advancement, and Chief Development Officer to steward funders.
· Coordinate updates to program staff, finance team, and communications staff on grants.
· Assist in coordinating funder site visits.
· Work with Institutional Giving Manager to report on metrics.
· Miscellaneous office work, including but not limited to photocopying, scanning, and filing of documents.
· Support Institutional Giving Manager and VP of Advancement on funding-related projects as needed.
· Meet regularly with Institutional Giving Manager to discuss upcoming deadlines, programmatic updates, and grant strategy.
· Contribute to special events and projects as part of the Development team.
· Participate in Development staff meetings.
· Take initiative to streamline team processes and look for ways to make our work more efficient.
· Seek out opportunities to gain insight into funding trends and new funder initiatives.
· Seek opportunities for professional development.
· Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
· At least 2 years of professional experience in Development or related field in the non-profit or public sector
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Excellent writing skills, including strong editing and proofreading skills
· Strong organizational and project management skills
· Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight time constraints and/or competing demands/deadlines
· High-level of accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to manage multiple tasks accurately and adhere to deadlines
· Ability to work independently and in a team setting
· Ability to work collaboratively across departments
· Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher)
· Database experience a plus
· Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information
· Knowledge of the local, regional, and national philanthropic communities a plus
· Experience in grant writing, preferred but not required.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Communications, English, Journalism, Nonprofit Management, etc.) or equivalent relevant professional experience.
Accountability and results focused
Adapting to change
Building relationships, collaboration and teamwork
Cultural competency and respect
Collaboration across departments and agencies
Attention to detail
Multiple concurrent tasks
Verbal and written communication
Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
Applications: Please apply directly on our wesbite. (https://www.jvs-boston.org/careers-at-jvs/)