Position: Grants Manager; Full-Time
Location: Boston, MA
The Imago Dei Fund (“IDF”) is a private grant-making foundation that dedicates its resources to bringing about a more just, free, and sustainable world. Founded in 2009 by Emily and Ross
Jones, IDF is a faith-inspired foundation working across faith and secular lines to fund social change, to enter into partnerships that expand the impact of the Foundation’s philanthropic goals,
and to catalyze movements that are transforming the deeper roots of injustice and working to restore wholeness to our world. IDF is seeking to increase the expertise on its team in order to
deepen and broaden the impact within the larger movements/sectors where it funds.
The Grants Manager supports the IDF mission by proactively managing grantmaking operations, systems, data, and workflow. S/he works at the core of the Foundation and will lead the
day-to-day grants management process with excellence and efficiency to ensure the system generates information that enhances our overall impact. The Grants Manager collaborates with
all IDF team members on grant matters as well as the processes and systems which facilitate efficient and high-quality operations. As a primary lead on grant compliance, the Grants
Manager ensures that IDF adheres to legal requirements, IDF policies and procedures, and best practices in the field.
The ideal candidate for this position has a passion for IDF’s mission and deep expertise and knowledge about grants management processes for small foundations. S/he needs to be a
flexible thinker and a team player - bringing positive energy to working on a small collaborative team. S/he also needs to be very detail oriented and task oriented - helping the team move work
forward efficiently and with high quality. The candidate must be a learner by nature - eager to learn new things that strengthen their work and willing to learn from the experience and
knowledge that other team members bring to the endeavor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
● Process Management and Enhancement: Maintain grantmaking policies, processes, and tools that align with and support the Foundation’s strategy through the grant lifecycle
from inquiry to close. Provide guidance to program staff on structuring grants. Facilitate decisions on grant proposals and ensure timely and accurate grant agreements are
properly generated. Conceptualize, design, and conduct grantmaking training for staff.
● Compliance, Grant Proposal and Report Review: Conduct reviews of proposals with a focus on content, quality and accuracy of the data and information entered by grantees
into Salesforce, with special attention to the grant budget, and ensure adherence to IDF policies and any applicable local policies, regulations and laws. Coordinate legal review
of tax status of new non-US grantee organizations with Finance and Operations and NGOSource. Document all legal reviews. Develop and oversee terms and conditions for
grant agreements. Maintain grant payment schedules and monitor grant balances, coordinate with Finance and Operations to generate payments in accordance with grant
agreement stipulations and contingencies.
● Grantmaking Programs Administration: Manages and implements workflows for all of IDF grantmaking programs. Administers referral and prospect process in alignment
with grantmaking policies and priorities. Responsible for grant activation, maintenance and close-out/transition processes. Schedule and track grants disbursements with Finance
and Operations. Communicate with grantee prospects and partners to guide them through all relevant processes and provide technical support where needed.
● Foundation Support: Facilitate management of the program budget. Maintain electronic grant files. Lead coordination and preparation of quarterly board meeting packages and
presentations. Collaborate with Finance and Operations and IDF’s accounting partner to support accurate and timely financial reports, grants payments, audit, and tax filings.
Execute on special projects as assigned.
● Data and Technology: Maintain and enhance the Salesforce grantmaking platform and grantee portal, perform system administration to ensure data integrity. Generate reports,
analyses, and data visualizations on grants budget, grants flow, historic trends, forecasting, and processing performance to inform continuous improvement and learning.
Partner with IDF’s IT consultant, as needed, to modify and build out Salesforce. Advance technology solutions and tools in support of grant practices and foundation
Skills and Qualifications
● 5 or more years of professional experience with demonstrated experience in grants management
● Understanding of IRS and foundation-specific regulations, assuring compliance with IRS and foundation-specific regulations
● Highly skilled in Salesforce, Microsoft Office and Google Products including Excel (Sheets), Word (Docs), PowerPoint (Slides)
● Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
● Excellent organization skills, strict attention to detail, accuracy, follow-through and commitment to high-quality work
● Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively in meetings, over email, and through formal work
products and presentations. Ability to train colleagues on grants management systems and processes
● Self-starter; highly motivated and resourceful team-player. Comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to work through solutions when there is no obvious path
● Strong judgment. Demonstrated ability to think and work independently and effectively plan, prioritize, follow through, and track multiple work streams under deadlines in a
● Flexibility, emotional intelligence, positive attitude, enthusiasm, willingness to help others, and a sense of humor. Interest, comfort, and strength working in a small, dynamic
organization and grants management department of one
● Bachelor’s degree required
IDF provides a competitive salary and benefits package.
Position is open until filled. Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com describing your interest in this position and why you would be a good
fit for the role.