Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It's a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all-and is the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of Boston HealthNet - an integrated health care delivery systems that includes many community health centers. Join BMC today and help us achieve our Vision 2030 which is a long-term goal to make Boston the healthiest urban population in the world.
Position: Grants Officer
Department: Foundation & Government Development
Schedule: Full Time
As a member of the dynamic Foundation Relations and Government Grants team, the Grants Officer serves as a key member of the Development Office and works to advance the hospital's government and foundation fundraising efforts in support of various clinical initiatives, education programs and research at Boston Medical Center (BMC). The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with strong political sensitivities and excellent judgment; an outstanding writer able to perform under tight deadlines; a skilled project manager able to drive the work of multiple people towards the submission of high quality, competitive grant proposals; and an accomplished multi-task professional. They will ideally possess some knowledge of health care or public health.
- Undergraduate degree required; Masters or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two (2-4) years of grant writing or comparable experience. Health care, public health, social service or research setting a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proven ability to think critically.
- Excellent writing, editing and interpersonal skills.
- Track record in managing multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
- Facility in working both independently and as a team player.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters.