You're extremely organized, detail-oriented, and like working with people. You have excellent written, phone, and in-person communication skills and know how to handle complex situations and difficult conversations. You have a strong administrative skillset, are familiar with the MS office suite, particularly Outlook and Word, and have experience managing schedules.
You're passionate about recovery from substance use disorder and either have personal experience or have been affected by it. You recognize the value of community and want to help drive significant impact in a rapidly-growing non-profit organization.
We are looking to scale our national impact and have a goal of reaching over one million people by 2025. As our Human Resources Associate, you'll contribute to this growth as we expand into new markets across the country. You will join a small but established HR team to help facilitate all HR needs, with a focus on Talent Acquisition. You'll work in a collaborative setting to help us identify talented individuals with the right vision and skills to help our organization become a leader in the recovery space.
Primary duties include scheduling interviews, tracking and reviewing applications, screening applicants via phone interview, and participating in video conference and in-person interviews. You'll also help to coordinate reviews, benefits enrollments, and other administrative functions of the organization. The Phoenix is a rapidly-growing organization, and this role has significant potential for growth. This position can be based in Boston, MA or Denver, CO with some work-from-home flexibility.
- Coordinate and schedule phone screens, meetings, video conferences, and in-person interviews (including travel arrangements) for candidates, positions, and interview teams located in multiple time zones and locations across the county
- Under supervision of the Talent Acquisition Manager, contribute to all aspects of the talent acquisition process, from posting positions on job boards to determining candidate qualifications and fit, to sending offer letters
- Proof-read and edit job postings and other correspondence to ensure that spelling, grammar, and content are accurate
- Check online applicant tracking system daily to ensure that applications and resumes are reviewed in a timely fashion
- Screen potentially qualified candidates to determine organizational fit and level of qualification
- Maintain detailed notes on all interactions with job candidates
- Review and respond promptly, accurately and cordially to all inquiries, including messages received via social media
- Attend and participate in local and national staff meetings, as well as programming and partnership team meetings
- Identify opportunities to engage with potential staff, Team Members, donors, or partners regarding recovery, strengthening communities, or any of the athletic disciplines in which The Phoenix participates
- Be an ambassador for The Phoenix at all times
- Complete other duties as assigned
Experience and skills you bring to The Phoenix:
- 1-2 years of experience in an administrative role, preferably in talent acquisition or human resources
- Exemplary organizational skills and time-management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs, especially MS Outlook and MS Word
- Experience using job posting tools, applicant tracking systems, or employment platforms such as Indeed, LinkedIn, Zip Recruiter, Monster, etc.
- Bilingual preferred
- A resourceful, enterprising, and creative work style
- Ability to multitask (e.g. take notes while maintaining focus on interview)
- Excellent writing, editing, and communications skills
- High level of professionalism and an ability to quickly adapt to change
- Solid customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively with employees, management, customers, businesses, partner organizations, governmental agencies, community members, and the general public
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people from all walks of life
- Entrepreneurial spirit, humility, and integrity
The Phoenix's mission is to build a sober active community that fuels resilience and harnesses the transformational power of connection so that together we rise, recover, and live. We take a new approach to recovery by fostering healing through fitness and personal connection. We offer activities for everyone from weightlifting and boxing to running, hiking, and yoga. All to help people grow stronger together, overcome the stigma of addiction, and rise to their full potential. Since 2006, the Phoenix has helped over 38,000 people across America rise above addiction and harness the power of self-transformation. By participating in our physical, social and education programs, participants build confidence, self-respect, and community. The Phoenix currently operates in 45 communities across 24 states in addition to offering virtual fitness classes, available anywhere. Activities offered include group fitness, climbing, hiking, boxing, running, yoga, socials, road & mountain biking, and strength training. Through traditional fundraising strategies and revenue ventures, Phoenix is able to provide free programs for anyone with 48 hours of sobriety.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.