Visionary, historic, national institution with dynamic, small-shop development team seeks professional with a special focus on customer-centered, digital engagement and operations for individual giving programs, including Museum Membership, Annual Fund, and New Frontier Network.
Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving, the Individual Giving and Membership Manager will lead strategies for acquiring new members, increasing member retention, and ensuring the success of unrestricted gifts to the Foundation’s Annual Fund. This position will also work with other development staff to ensure excellent stewardship for members and Annual Fund donors. The ideal candidate will have a background in museum membership and annual giving, a passion for analyzing data, and confidence to be “the face of membership,” ready to promote its benefits to prospective members at all John F. Kennedy Library events, as well as through direct mail acquisition and digital engagements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Helping to grow and develop the JFK Library Foundation’s Membership, Annual Fund, and New Frontier Network.
- Working with the Director of Individual Giving and Director of New Frontier Network to execute donor-centered engagement strategies based on giving level and capacity.
- Providing support for the JFK Library Foundation’s leadership and major giving fundraisers and planned giving group, the Victura Society, including responding to inquiries, coordinating acquisition efforts, and managing estate settlement processes.
- Coordinating the cycle of membership renewals and acquisitions including list management and analysis, renewal schedule mailings, e-communications, website updates, on-site and online acquisition and renewals, member correspondence, and benefits fulfillment.
- Managing production of direct mail and email annual fund solicitations, including list management and analysis, e-communications, website updates, and donor correspondence.
- Processing both segmented and personalized mailings, emails, calls, appeals, social media engagements, and other stewardship communications with donors and members.
- Working with vendors on content, design, production, and calendar for print and online membership and annual fund materials.
- Working with Digital Strategies and Communications teams to streamline and enhance all online and mobile giving pages, and promote giving within digital communications, including e-news and announcements, and analyze digital media engagements.
- Supporting crowdfunding efforts for the Kennedy Library Foundation, including planning and implementation, content design, and coordination between Archival and Foundation departments.
- Stewarding mid-level Membership, Annual Fund, New Frontier Network donors.
- Working with Membership Representative(s) to increase onsite membership acquisition and stewardship of members who visit the Museum.
- Working closely with all Development staff on events, taking a lead role in membership events.
- Creating and analyzing regular reports to chart progress towards revenue and engagement goals to inform fundraising and programmatic priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience with customer-centered sales or marketing, nonprofit leadership, museum membership and/or annual fund programs.
- Background in creating email marketing and customer-centric experiences to inspire and activate prospects.
- Superior interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills, with ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects on tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, including ability to analyze data and create engagement plans or stakeholder journeys.
- Ability to take initiative and anticipate potential complications or needs before they arise.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office and CRM databases, preference for Salesforce.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Enthusiasm and desire to make an impact on a mission-driven team with strong work ethic.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and at least three references through our Breezy portal to:
Director of Individual Giving
John F. Kennedy Library Foundation
Boston, MA 02125
The JFK Library Foundation offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
About the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation:
The mission of the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation is to support the work of the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum whose core function is to collect, preserve, and make available for research the documents, audiovisual material and memorabilia of President Kennedy, his family, and his contemporaries.
The Foundation, representing a wide variety of constituencies within the general public, works closely with the National Archives and Records Administration to develop programs that advance the study and understanding of President Kennedy’s life and the times in which he lived; and that promote a greater appreciation of America’s political and cultural heritage, the process of governing, and the importance of public service.
In addition to its support of the Kennedy Library, the Kennedy Library Foundation directly sponsors programs and activities that help people understand the major challenges facing democracy today; that inspire current and future generations to political participation and public service; and that promote debate and discussion of issues at the heart of contemporary democracy that relate to the legacy of President John F. Kennedy.
Today, the Kennedy Library in Boston is one of the most visited of the 14 presidential libraries in America. Over 200,000 people from around the globe visit the museum each year, including over 30,000 students annually through a host of free educational programs.
The John F. Kennedy Library Foundation is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity toward all communities and individuals who may seek our services, for all employees, qualified applicants and volunteers, in every area of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy (and pregnancy related conditions), gender identity or expression, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, military or veteran status or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law.