KickStart International is looking to hire an entrepreneurial and full-time remote Institutional Partnerships Officer to help us grow and implement our high-impact mission for a food-secure Africa. Are you a talented writer and researcher who would like to work with an established international nonprofit to uplift and empower Africa’s farmers? If so, please read on!
ABOUT KICKSTART INTERNATIONAL
KickStart is an award-winning nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to empower millions of small-scale farmers in Africa to build lasting food and income security and adapt to climate change through the adoption of highly affordable irrigation technologies. We design and distribute these tools from our headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya—enabling farmers to grow crops throughout the year and create highly profitable businesses. With operations in 17 African countries, we have empowered over 1.4 million people to transform their farming and permanently break out of poverty.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF OUR INSTITUTIONAL PARTNERSHIPS OFFICER
As a member of our US-based development team , you will report to our Senior Manager of Grants and Institutional Partnerships and work closely with our Head of Strategic Alliances & Coalitional Development to expand KickStart’s institutional funding portfolio made up of corporate and private foundations, as well as bi/multilateral organizations.
You play a central role in this effort by drafting, refining, and editing grant proposals, concept papers, letters of interest and reports. You also collaborate with our small and dynamic team to collect and manage data, map key bi-lateral and multi-lateral partnerships and funding opportunities in priority countries. You also support our communications strategy via writing newsletters, funding appeals, the annual report and shorter form story-telling oriented for digital communications.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR OUR MAJOR GIFTS AND DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
- Excellent writing and strong research skills.
- An innovative and analytical thinker with self-starter mentality.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills; courtesy, tact, patience, and team orientation with strong collegial and collaborative spirit.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and demonstrate flexibility amidst competing and dynamic demands.
- Pro-active work approach, with an attention to detail.
- A strong desire to learn and grow in the strategic and operational work of growing a small organization.
- Understanding of funding mechanisms and procurement procedures in the international development sector is a plus.
- Experience working and/or knowledge of the Global South, especially sub-Saharan Africa, is a plus.
- More importantly, a drive and passion for a shared blueprint of peace and prosperity, for people and the planet.
We also want our employees to be well and thrive. That's why we offer excellent benefits, work-life balance, and a positive work culture. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer comprehensive benefits including, paid medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, voluntary 403(b), long-term disability, life insurance, generous paid time off (PTO), a flexible work schedule, and an optional co-working membership near home.
REMOTE WORK SCHEDULE
This full-time remote fundraiser position typically works during regular office hours. You will have the option of working remotely from anywhere in the United States. Our US team of five currently live in New York, Boston and San Francisco.
READY TO JOIN OUR NONPROFIT TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable, so our initial application process is quick and straightforward. Please be ready to submit your resume and a cover letter.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you to use your skills to make a real difference in the world, apply today!
Please apply through this link:
(Please only apply once for each job title of interest—disregarding the city–as the position is fully remote)
We will only consider candidates who have submitted a resume and a cover letter.