Father Bill’s & MainSpring is seeking a Leadership Gift Officer to manage individual donor relationships, with an emphasis on stewarding and upgrading donors currently giving in the $500-$5,000 range, as well as cultivating donors and volunteers identified as having major gift capacity. In this newly created position, you will play a key role in our overall strategy to expand the pool of donors and create a pipeline for major gifts, and will work closely with and support the CEO in major gift strategy. The position will report to the Chief Development Officer and work collaboratively within a 7-person Development team. The ideal candidate will have a background in social services and be comfortable and experienced with personal, face-to-face donor outreach and cultivation and will have the ability to implement and execute day-to-day, while also demonstrating a big picture, strategic vision. The Leadership Gift Officer must have passion and enthusiasm for the FBMS mission, empathy for those dealing with homelessness and related issues, and the desire to work collaboratively as part of a team toward a common goal.
- Manage a portfolio of 100-150 top-level individual donors and prospects, assuming primary responsibility for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship; in collaboration with Chief Development Officer, develop and monitor annual targets for donor and prospect calls, visits, solicitations, and revenue.
- Increase individual giving in the $500 - $10,000 range.
- Make timely, personalized contact with newly identified prospects.
- Develop strategies and materials to inform and engage current and prospective leadership donors; oversee the execution of newly created giving societies with the goal to further engage donors and provide meaningful connections with the mission and leadership.
- Assist with the identification of major gift prospects for current and future FBMS projects; work with Chief Development Officer and CEO to develop long-term plan for individual giving program within the context of planning for a comprehensive campaign.
- Support Planned Giving strategy and marketing efforts.
- Actively participate in and contribute to monthly prospect review meetings.
- Maintain active prospect management system in Raiser’s Edge.
- Represent FBMS at events hosted by local partners/supporters, including occasional evening and weekend functions as required, with the goal to strengthen external relationships and support public relations efforts.
- Assist with other projects pertaining to development and communications, as assigned.
- Support Development office with 3-4 events throughout the year (may include weekends and evenings).
- Bachelor's degree.
- Five or more years fundraising experience, with at least 2 years of direct frontline fundraising, preferably in human services; experience with major and planned giving and/or campaign experience strongly encouraged.
- Skilled in face-to-face solicitation and comfortable with all levels of donor outreach.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen and interact effectively with donors, administrators/leaders, and Board members.
- Ability to develop a good working knowledge of FBMS’ programs and activities; maintain positive working relationships with program staff.
- Excellent computer skills; experience with Raiser’s Edge or comparable constituent relationship management software.
- Highly organized. Flexible, self-directed, dependable, and personable. Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.
- High standard for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and initiative.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.