Cathedral High School seeks a self-driven team player to fill a full-time (40 hour/week) Major Gifts Officer position. The ideal candidate will work closely with the Director of Development and Development Coordinator to implement a multifaceted development plan that incorporates individual donors, events, and foundation and corporate support.
Founded in 1926, Cathedral High School is an urban, multicultural, independent, Catholic, college preparatory school in Boston’s historic South End serving boys and girls of all faiths from grades 7 - 12. We educate approximately 275 students annually, all of whom are low-income. Rooted in gospel values, we prepare our youth for college and to be responsible citizens in life. For the past 17 years all seniors have graduated and gone on to college.
The Major Gifts Officer will play a key role in supporting our exciting, mission-based work by securing annual leadership gifts and focus on planned giving opportunities with our constituent base of both alums and non-alums.
- Manage a portfolio of 150 major donors/prospects, assuming primary responsibility for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. This includes donors who are to be cultivated for planned giving opportunities.
- In collaboration with the Director of Development develop and monitor annual targets for donor calls, visits, solicitations, and revenue
- Prepare proposals as needed for individual solicitations
- Make timely, personalized contact with donors via zoom, email, phone, or face to face meetings
- Document all donor communications in Raiser’s Edge database.
- Submit monthly reports on donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship and submit a summary of progress prior to each Board meeting
- In collaboration with the Director of Development develop strategies to implement giving societies with the goal to further engage major donors in meaningful connections with the mission, our students, and the leadership team at CHS
- Assist with developing targeted planned giving materials
- Actively participate in and contribute to ongoing prospect review meetings
- Assist with the identification of major donor prospects
- Work with the Director of Development to develop a long-term plan for achieving our revenue goals for individual giving and for increasing those goals annually
- Assist with the planning of major donor cultivation events and/or stewardship appreciation events
- Represent CHS at events with major donors
- Other development tasks as needed, outside of your main responsibilities may occur on occasion
- A demonstrated interest in the mission of Cathedral 7-12 High School
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of five years experience in a development office, with a minimum of three years of major donor solicitation work, planned giving experience, a plus
- Demonstrated success in securing major gifts ($5,000+)
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge or similar donor database required, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including excellent listening skills and the ability to engage donors effectively, must be personable
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to donor details and punctual
- Ability to manage projects, timelines, and budgets
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to be professional and discreet when dealing with confidential or sensitive materials
- Flexible work schedule needed based on donor’s schedule for meetings
- Ability to work a handful of evening donor events and on graduation Saturday
- Send a thoughtful cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
- Please include your salary range/requirements in the cover letter.
- Please enter in the subject line of the email “Major Gift Officer.”
- Please no phone inquiries.
Cathedral High School offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus a generous benefits package.