The Major Gift Contractor will assist the Director of Fund Development (DoD) with the implementation of a moves management strategy in connection with The Pantry’s capital campaign. This is an excellent opportunity to broaden fund development skills by working in partnership with highly experienced fund development staff and Board members on a capital campaign.
This position is part-time, hourly. Flexible schedule. On site 2 days per week.
Duties And Responsibilities
Major Gifts Prospecting
- Assist the DoD to support the Campaign Prospecting Committee by preparing reports in advance of and following Committee meetings.
- At direction of DoD, create and update prospect plans for individual and group prospects.
Donor Database Administration
- Input prospect plans and key milestone dates into Donor Perfect in partnership with the Database Administrator.
- Monitor key plan milestones and alert appropriate personnel to required actions.
Donor Cultivation and Stewardship
- Assist DoD to set up meetings, thank donors, and ensure required meeting follow up occurs.
- Acknowledge campaign gifts and pledges and prepare pledge agreements and reminders and in coordination with the DBA and DoD.
- Maintain master campaign calendar and handle arrangements for donor cultivation meetings and small campaign events.
- Assemble briefing, solicitation and meeting materials for board members, campaign volunteers, and staff; take and distribute campaign meeting notes.
- Assist with cultivation events and stewardship mailings.
- Assist Fund Development team with special events, grant writing and reporting, annual fund administration and other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
- Availability to work in office 2-3 days per week.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365.
- Occasional local travel.
- Demonstrated creativity and problem solving skills.
- Passion for the cause preferred.
Education and Experience
- Prior fund development work experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Experience with Donor Perfect preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in prospect research preferred.
How Performance is Evaluated:
Completion of assignments on time and with a high attention to detail and commitment to follow through.
Please email letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.