About Project Evident
Project Evident exists to help organizations harness the power of evidence to achieve greater impact. We do this by offering a comprehensive platform of tools, resources, and direct services that not only help nonprofits and funders improve how they measure, evaluate, and report results, but also strengthen their learning and alignment with each other. We are committed to creating an interdisciplinary and practical approach for continuous evidence building—one that ultimately helps foster a healthier ecosystem for the use of evidence in the social sector. We are committed to the continuous pursuit of best practices across the field and strive to uphold the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion in everything we do.
Project Evident intends to build a culture reflective of our work as trusted advisors, co-creators and collaborators of evidence that strengthens nonprofits, informs the field and improves the communities we all serve. We are looking for people who actively demonstrate/practice the following principles:
Seek Partnership – we may bring expertise but we are not the experts, we are all co-learners and co- developers. Actively seeking to bring positive energy, build trust & combine with our team and our partners proving a concept is not possible without co-creation. It’s not track (personal best) it’s soccer (stretch the field).
Check Yourself – acknowledge and actively manage bias, context, self-image and challenges and be transparent to your team and partners. Ask for help. Be authentic.
Add Value, Own the Outcome – regardless of role or position, do what it takes to speak up, engage and advance the work. Make good.
Listen, Learn & Follow Up Rapidly – there is no other way to be a trusted advisor
Consistently SWAP – Smart; Warm; Approachable and Productive
The Manager, Grants, Contracts & Operations will mange sub grants, customer revenue contracts, vendor contracts and related operational responsibilities. This role comes at a key time in Project Evident’s trajectory, where we are implementing an aggressive growth plan and as such will shape and build the evolving the infrastructure and culture for growth and success such that strategic objectives are achieved and the vision is fulfilled.
The Manager, Grants, Contracts & Operations will work with a collaborative high-impact team in a start-up organizational culture, reporting to the Founder and Managing Director. The Manager, Grants, Contracts & Operations will oversee the grants management and contract system, including the drafting of vendor and customer contracts, MOU’s and processing of invoices, payments and collections. Regular tasks include managing grant development, submission and reporting; drafting of contracts, customer invoicing, vendor payment processing, and monitoring of grants; contract management will include working with team members to successfully and timely draft customer and vendor contracts, MOU’s, as well as tracking and monitoring of all contract terms, amounts, amendment, extensions. Additional tasks include invoicing customers according to contracts, following up on accounts receivable and payments, as well as processing of vendor invoices and payments in accordance with contractual terms. In addition, the Manager, Grants, Contracts & Operations will be responsible for coordinating with administrative staff, consultants and others on processing grants and contracts and ensuring timely communication on grant and contract status. This position requires extreme attention to detail, ability to manage or switch among multiple tasks rapidly, ability to meet deadlines and experience and ease with a variety of online tools and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Working directly with our fiscal sponsor, provide grant and contract management support to Project Evident team members responsible for ensuring strategic fundraising and revenue goals are met. Develop a system to ensure accurate and timely invoicing to our customers, including effective team communication and use of internal computer software.
● Provide information to team members regarding status of contracts.
● Research grant opportunities for the purpose of developing funding resources for both current and proposed services, programs and administrative operations.
● Working directly with our fiscal sponsor, design, implement and maintain grants and contracting systems.
● Develops forms, processes, procedures, and policies for the purpose of implementing a consistent grant application methodology. Develops grant applications and related documents (e.g. required reports, budgets, specific inquiries, etc.) for the purpose of submitting highly effective grant applications to the appropriate funding source.
● Administer and monitor grants and contracts in Salesforce NetSuite, including managing any amendments or extensions. Follow financial process to ensure timely payments to our contract vendors.
● Monitor contracts and grants to ensure they meet agreed terms and are extended as needed.
● Coordinate closely and manage online portal with our fiscal sponsor in processing contracts, grants, and payments.
● Communicate with contractors and funders as needed/requested.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
● Manage internal grant and contracts audits and coordinate with any external audits.
● Manage and execute on HR compliance with our fiscal sponsor as requested.
● Manage staff allocations to grants and contracts, utilizing reporting from internal time tracking software.
● Train staff on grant and contracting policies.
● Prepare letters to accompany disbursements as needed.
● Respond to campaign team requests in a timely manner.
● Establish and maintain positive relationships with campaign team members.
● Organize and monitor grant reporting from our grantees.
Education and Experience:
● 3-5+ years of professional experience in grants, contracts or related work.
● Proficient in using technology and curious about using and learning new systems.
● Experience working with diverse communities and a deep commitment to social and racial justice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Strong organizational skills, resulting in driving a team towards successful grant and contract operations.
● Impeccable attention to detail and extremely high standards for accuracy.
● Ability to thrive in a busy, multi-tasking, and time-pressured environment.
● Capacity for engaging diverse constituencies in a supportive respectful manner.
● Ability to engage with an open mind, think critically, and problem-solve while seeing a project through to completion.
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively and listen and learn from feedback
● Excellent writing skills and verbal communications skills.
● Proficiency using office productivity software, including Microsoft Office, NetSuite and SalesForce.
● Position reports directly to Founder; Managing Director
● Requires sitting, talking and listening for 8 hours per day. Certain situations may require lifting items up to 20 pounds.
● Ability to work with a virtual team; position based in Boston, MA
Project Evident, a project of Tides Center, is an “at-will” and equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender expression) identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance.
Reasonable accommodations will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org