Brookline Community Foundation
The Brookline Community Foundation (BCF) is a public charity dedicated to advancing opportunity and promoting equity through the transformative power of giving. By leveraging core strengths in building philanthropic partnerships, supporting nonprofits and community efforts through grantmaking, and driving the research that informs a shared community agenda, BCF is helping build a better Brookline for all who live, learn, work, and play in our community.
The Manager of Program & Partnerships plays a vital role at BCF managing various community engagement initiatives, strategic grantmaking and capacity-building efforts, and is a thought partner to the Director of Program & Partnerships. This position will lead the project management for BCF’s community-focused initiatives and supports and project manages the formation and coordination of a new Community Advisory Council. Additionally, this position will help plan and coordinate community conversations and events throughout the year. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the nonprofit sector, working closely with a supportive team and gaining exposure to community and partnerships work. The manager also engages directly with the Executive Director, members of the BCF Board’s Program & Grants Committee, and the BCF Community Advisory Council, once formed.
Who You Are
You are an organized self-starter and team player with experience in community and grassroots efforts and/or community-focused nonprofits. You have a strong background in project management, problem-solving or related skill. Importantly, you understand racial, economic, and social justice and engage within communities with humility. You are communicative, flexible, and collaborative and enjoy working with team input. You are comfortable working with
Staff at all levels as well as some of our most important board members, partners and stakeholders. You are proficient at taking notes and minutes, and you have a desire to help build community within the organization and the Brookline community.
Director of Program & Partnerships
Manage Partnerships and Community Engagement Initiatives
- Provide project management and administrative support for BCF’s community engagement efforts within the Brookline community. Responsibilities include tracking activities toward intended goals, scheduling engagements, coordinating with community partners, taking notes at engagement sessions, tracking participation and interest, communicating with engagement session attendees, collecting and organizing input, and supporting the creation of a report on community-wide input gathered.
- Plan, manage, and coordinate a variety of engagement opportunities within the Brookline community such as informational & listening sessions, focus groups, and community conversations.
- Support outreach and recruitment efforts for the BCF Community Advisory Council, help track interest and participation, and support planning and logistics for meetings.
- Once launched, provide project management support for the design and implementation of new initiatives of the Community Advisory Council.
- Support planning, promotion, and day-of coordination for community events and conversations, such as Executive Director Roundtable meetings and BCF grant information sessions.
Strategic Grantmaking & Capacity Building Support
- Support BCF’s Grant Programs by serving as an additional point of contact for grant applicants and grantees, coordinating technical assistance opportunities for applicants, providing administrative support during grant review process, and scheduling partnership calls with applicants.
- Provide project management and administrative support for BCF’s Technical Assistance (TA) efforts with the direction and guidance of the Director and the Executive Director. Responsibilities include tracking activities toward intended goals, scheduling and promotion for TA sessions, tracking participation and interest, communicating with TA session participants, and collecting feedback on TA sessions offered.
- Work with other members of the BCF team to identify trends and priorities for grantmaking and other strategic initiatives.
General Administrative Support
- Provide administrative support including meeting prep and note taking for BCF’s Program & Grants Committee.
- Support grant-related data entry within BCF’s grant management system.
- Serve as a point of contact with general questions and inquiries for Program & Partnerships.
Experience, Abilities & Skills
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience, working in community engagement, project management or related experience to this role either in a volunteer capacity or through formal work experience.
- High degree of personal integrity and dedication to advancing opportunity and promoting equity within the Brookline community.
- Deep commitment to racial, economic and social justice and equity; a desire to build power and voice among marginalized communities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships among diverse individuals, organizations, and communities.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to work with multiple stakeholders towards a common goal.
- Demonstrated humility, flexibility, and emotional intelligence; excitement for the work.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, and willingness to develop systems to address recurring needs and/or challenges.
- Possess a strict sense of confidentiality, discretion, and respect for information privacy.
Salary & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $60,000. BCF offers excellent benefits, including: employer-sponsored health and dental; generous paid time off; a 403(b) match after 90 days; and a flexible work schedule.
During the COVID-19 pandemic when in-person work poses unnecessary risks, the vast majority of work can be done virtually/remotely. We are committed to creating a flexible, safe, and sustainable working environment for staff. Post pandemic, the expectation is that this role will have frequent in-person touchpoints with the Brookline community through community engagements and events.
Affirmative Action Employer
BCF encourages applications from all qualified candidates without regard to race, creed, color, religion or belief, gender identity, sex, age, sexual orientation, national, social or ethnic origin, disability, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, veteran status, genetic or family history, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
To Apply: Please apply by sending your resume and optional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Manager of Program & Partnerships”. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. We will begin interviews as applications are received and strongly encourage candidates to apply early.