Jewish Vocational Service – JVS, Boston
Mid-Level Gifts Officer: Overall Summary
The Mid-Level Gifts Officer is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing JVS’s program for acquiring individual gifts in the $500 to $5,000 giving range. This position works under the direction of the Major Gifts Officer and in collaboration with the Chief Development Officer to assure that ample unrestricted and program funds are generated to enhance and support the overall mission of JVS.
- Under the direction of the Chief Development Officer and Major Gifts Officer, implement and manage JVS’s mid-level donor program (individuals in the $500–$5,000 giving range), including establishing short-term and long-term strategies.
- Maintain a personal portfolio of 50+ donors and prospects.
- Analyze JVS’s donor program and help develop strategies for acquiring, renewing, and upgrading donors.
- Monitor the mid-level and planned giving donor budgets and program performance, including oversight of income and expenses, and ensure accurate and timely recordkeeping and reporting (via Salesforce).
- Manage the production of annual appeals, renewals, and upgrade materials, as well as all other correspondence and stewardship specific to the annual fund and planned giving programs. Collaborate with the Associate Director of Stewardship & Donor Relations and Communications Manager to ensure consistency with communications, messaging, and solicitations.
- Ensure that all donors and donor interactions are tracked accurately in Salesforce and that individual gifts are acknowledged in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Organize donor cultivation events in coordination with the development department team.
- Assist with other duties assigned by the Chief Development Officer.
- Minimum of five years of experience in non-profit fundraising, with a proven track record of achieving ambitious revenue targets.
- A passion for the mission of JVS.
- Knowledge of techniques and best practices in annual giving, including benefit fulfillment, and stewardship communications (including email solicitations and social media strategies for online fundraising).
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on a team and to build and maintain positive relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and effective presentation skills.
- Strong analytic skills, and ability to apply strategic and creative thinking.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, maturity, tactfulness, good judgment, and ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Working knowledge of planned giving a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Salesforce.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
JVS CULTURE: JVS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. By providing and supporting a work culture that fosters and builds upon diversity and its strengths, JVS will better serve our local communities and continue to provide quality services.
JVS is an employment at-will organization and an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, JVS prohibits retaliation against an applicant or employee because they have engaged in protected activity under the statutes prohibiting discrimination in the workplace.