The American Liver Foundation (ALF) is the nation's leading non-profit organization dedicated to liver health and disease prevention. ALF promotes education, advocacy, support services and research for the prevention, treatment and cure of liver disease.
- Responsible for providing support to the national events staff and coordinate logistics for large- and small-scale national events.
- Partner closely with national staff colleagues in program, development, stakeholder engagement, events and digital communications and support to ensure successful execution of activities.
- Primary lead for the Liver Life Challenge Boston Marathon team.
- Recognizing that collaboration with the development department is of utmost importance to ensure ALF’s success, assist in identifying potential fundraising relationships while working closely with development colleagues.
This position reports to the Vice President, Events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serve as a contributing member of ALF’s National Events Leadership Team.
2. Under the direction of the Vice President, Events and in support of the National Managers, Events, coordinate logistics for program and special event while following industry and ALF best practices.
3. Collaborate with Vice President, Events and National Managers, Events to drive and deliver greater revenue and stronger relationships, with a focus on effectively planning and executing, and contribute towards the team’s efforts to increase in-kind sponsorships, auction procurement, participant/attendee recruitment and revenue and engage the liver community.
4. Collaborate with Vice President, Events and National Managers, Events to create and coordinate annual Liver Life Walk, culinary and gala events, Liver Life Challenge and Third Party Fundraising operational plans, including marketing, budget adherence and project management.
5. With support from the Vice President, Events and National Sr. Manager, Events, coordinate the Liver Life Challenge Boston Marathon team including but not limited to, website management, recruitment, runner/donor cultivation, vendor relations, volunteer management (runners council), patient runner connection (PRC), etc.
6. Coordinate and attend team training runs, social gatherings and activities associated with race weekend/day.
7. Assist on all logistical aspects of ALF events and attend events to assist with execution, as assigned.
8. Assist with sponsorship fulfillment for secured partners and with identifying potential new in-kind and live/silent auction partners.
9. Assist National Managers, Event with relationship management of existing vendor and event partners, including price negotiations.
10. Maintain third party platforms including, but not limited to, Double the Donation, GiveSmart, Word Press, LiverWorks, Engaged Donor, etc.
11. Maintain fundraising and development-related spreadsheets on a as needed basis.
12. Engage local planning and revenue-generating committees and leadership volunteers who will be door openers and doers for fundraising campaigns.
13. Complete special projects as assigned and partner with national departments when applicable to ensure organizational excellence.
14. Actively participate in learning opportunities for professional growth and self-improvement.
15. Prepare periodic progress reports as assigned.
16. Attend ALF meetings, programs and events when requested to do so.
17. All other duties as required.
No direct reports.
Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent in education, training and experience.
2+ years in non-profit, fundraising, event planning or a combination of relevant experience. Previous endurance event fundraising experience required.
Excellent relationship management skills.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Great attention to detail and quality of work product.
Ability to meet deadlines, stay organized and manage several projects in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
Strong skills working with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams), especially Excel.
Online CRM database, Word Press, Zoom and GoToMeeting experience a plus.
Must enjoy working as a member of a team with an attitude of "pitch-in", and "no-job-is-too-small", on multiple projects and handle pressure with grace.
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends. Expected travel 5-10% when it is safe to do so. Must be able to lift-up to 25 pounds.
Team is operating in a remote model and National Coordinator, Events must live in Massachusetts within a 25-mile radius of downtown Boston, MA.
EEO: The American Liver Foundation is committed to involving every segment of the community in every aspect of its work and takes all necessary steps to demonstrate its commitment to and accountability for an inclusive environment in which differences are recognized, respected, valued and celebrated.
COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY:
To ensure the overall health and safety of the American Liver Foundation community and in accordance with Federal and State requirements, all newly hired and existing employees of ALF are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, absent qualifying exemptions for medical, religious or other reasons in accordance with applicable laws.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Christine Watson, Human Resources - firstname.lastname@example.org