Title: Nonprofit Services Associate
Reports to: Vice President for Grants, Nonprofit and Donor Services
Under the direction of the Vice President for Grants, Nonprofit and Donor Services the Nonprofit Services Associate will contribute to the Foundation’s Grants and Nonprofit Services department.
This position will be responsible for coordination and support on strategies to steward and cultivate successful relationships with current and potential grantees of the Foundation. This position will also provide overall services offered by the Foundation to the nonprofit sector in Essex County which includes over 4,000 nonprofits. The Nonprofit Services Associate is a new position at ECCF and will be an opportunity to learn, establish the role and grow with the Foundation.
The Nonprofit Services Associate is an important part of ECCF’s team and whose success is essential to ECCF achieving its organizational goals.
- Under the direction of the VP for Grants, Nonprofit and Donor Services, play a key role in
- coordinating, collecting data from current grantees
- completing reports on behalf of ECCF for funding partnerships
- Communicating with current as well as prospective grantees about current available programs, grant opportunities etc.
- Scheduling nonprofit information sessions with the VP for Grants, Nonprofit and Donor Services and the Director of Programs and Racial Equity
Nonprofit Services, Data and Reporting
- Manage and support the Nonprofit Directory
- Manage and support the Grants Resource Center
- Manage, track and report on internal nonprofit data dashboards
- Manage grantmaking portal (Foundant)
- Support VP for Grants and Services and Program Officer with coordination of grantmaking committees
- Manage applications, put together review packets, coordinate review process, sit in on review process and record minutes and decision making
Events and communications
- Plan and execute nonprofit education events including venues, catering, safety, time, details, invitations, RSVPs, technology, etc.
- Handle ongoing outreach and communications to nonprofits.
- This includes:
- Organizing details of Nonprofit Knowledge newsletter
- Event invite reminders
- This includes:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required with at least 2-5 years of experience either nonprofit support services or relevant nonprofit work.
- Superior and polished interpersonal skills with the ability to speak with diverse personalities, strong listening skills, negotiating and reasoning skills.
- Must be an energetic relationship builder, interested in fostering positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders while maintaining discretion, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of and relationships with leaders in the nonprofit sector in Essex County
- Ability to multitask and stay organized with several different activities in process.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products especially Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Specifically: Exemplary aptitude with data collection, spreadsheets and reporting.
- Solid organization skills and impeccable attention to detail and accuracy;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate group meetings;
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Excellent phone and email etiquette;
- Database experience preferred; FIMS experience a bonus;
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies, such as Survey Monkey, Constant Contact, etc.;
- Strong time management skills, with ability to make decisions about how to manage multiple tasks;
- Willingness and ability to work outside the regularly scheduled work day as needed;
- Able to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Reliable and punctual.
- Performance that achieves the high standards, integrity, and values of ECCF.
- Attendance will be required at special events during and outside of normal work week hours.
- Ability to lift objects of at least 25 pounds in weight.
- Must be able to operate and have access to a vehicle for work-related travel around the county, including travel outside of Essex County.
Effect on End Result:
- Nonprofits and Grantees report an exemplary nonprofit services experience
- Data collection and reporting is done with precision and exemplary time management.
- Nonprofits experience streamlined and organized resources and events from logistics, communications and technology
- Vice President for Grants, Nonprofit and Donor Services and Donor Services Team are supported to reach organizational goals
Please visit our website to apply: https://www.eccf.org/about/