The COVID crisis and the uprising for racial justice have shone national light on both the urgent work required to build a more just and vibrant society for all Americans and the potential for positive action when our communities mobilize. We have also celebrated the "heroes", who primarily work in nonprofits delivering essential services like affordable housing, social justice advocacy, health, youth development, to the arts. Yet these nonprofits continue to rely on a flawed, inequitable funding system that often impedes their ability to make a difference. Nonprofit Finance Fund is setting out to change that. We are a nonprofit lender, consultant, and advocate with 40 years of experience committed to reforming the nonprofit funding system. We know that financial knowledge and access to appropriate lending products are power for nonprofit leaders. We are now evolving our strategy to focus on helping to shift funding and financing practices so more money flows equitably and with less restriction to community-centered organizations led by and/or serving people of color.
The Associate provides support and occasional leadership for the activities of NFF's Operations Department by providing essential project management, systems improvement, and reporting support. The work of this position includes support of organizational compliance; NFF's real estate and furnishings portfolio, as well as other project-by-project opportunities to engage in the full breadth of NFF's operations.
This position can be based out of any one of NFF's office locations which are in Boston, Los Angeles, New York, Oakland, and Philadelphia. Though we are currently working remotely and will not require attendance in any office until Spring 2021 at the earliest.
The Associate will report to the Manager, Operations who is based in Philadelphia, PA.
- Tracks, compiles, drafts, and submits reports to investors, funders, and other partners and stakeholders to ensure that NFF and its entities are developed and that NFF remains in compliance.
- Coordinates collection and tracking of output and outcomes data; monitoring and ensuring the integrity of relevant databases, particularly Salesforce, by designing reports, facilitating process improvements, and training staff.
- Supports NFF's operational systems and responds to ad hoc team requests, in particular, Concur; and assists in troubleshooting issues, platform modification, training, report creation, and data analysis.
- Researches and recommends systems improvements and upgrades to support NFF's operational excellence.
- Executes special operational and information technology projects and establish policies and procedures.
- Prepares and edits reports and presentations for internal and external audiences.
- This role might include providing project management support to NFF's real estate portfolio, including relocations, renovations, and furnishing upgrades.
- Flexibility, creativity, patience, and a sense of humor are necessary qualities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated interest in operations, information technology, project management, and finance/accounting.
- Relevant professional experience with some prior nonprofit experience. Typically, individuals able to perform at the level of Operations Associate will have 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong organizational skills and time management abilities; capacity to prioritize competing responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to effectively “manage up” and foster collaboration.
- Maintaining attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including expertise with Excel.
- Analytical, including a strong level of comfort with numbers and financial analysis.
At NFF, we are invested in discussing the depth and breadth of each candidate's background and experience during the interview process and using that information to determine the best offer. The salary range for this position begins at $ 55,500. NFF also provides an attractive benefits package that includes health insurance, retirement plan, paid time off, standard holidays, and commuter benefits.
- Experience in administering Salesforce, Adaptive Insights, and Concur preferred.
- Experience with data visualization software (e.g. Tableau, Wave, Microsoft BI, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with online survey tools (e.g. Form Assembly, Survey Gizmo, etc.).
- Willingness to learn new skills and systems and to collaborate in other areas as needed.
- Familiarity with proven project management structures and techniques.