TITLE: Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SUMMARY: The Operations Manager provides administrative support, communications management, and program and fundraising for the organization. Working under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, this position provides necessary organizational support and is responsible for a variety of other tasks. Occasional evenings and weekends are required. Local and regional travel is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Commit to the mission of SBAGNE and to meeting the needs of the SBAGNE community.
- Respond to requests for assistance from members.
- Coordinate fundraising and programmatic events and logistics, including: point of contact for participants in fundraising, maintaining fundraising websites, and day of event management. Events include:
- Strut and Stroll Fashion Show
- Teen Empowerment Programming
- Adult Group Programming
- Family Programming
- Parent to Parent Connections
- Walk n Rolls/Summer Picnics
- Falmouth Road Race
- Tour de South Shore
- Regional Conferences and Education Days
- Holiday Parties
- Outreach/awareness events
- Manage presence on SBAGNE website and all social media.
- Produce Newsletter and Monthly ENews.
- Manage member communications through Constant Contact.
- Track member interactions though Little Green Light.
- Solicit in kind donors.
- Lead person to provide support for mailings and coordinating bulk mailing processes.
- Coordinate meetings and provide support as needed (e.g., scheduling conference rooms, coordinating food, minute taking, logistics).
- General office duties as: flow of correspondence, filing, requisition of supplies, faxing, phones.
- Professional, self-motivated, organized, courteous, reliable, have a sense of humor and team spirit.
- Must be available some nights and weekends for special events.
- Regional travel required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year office administrative support experience is preferred;
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
- Excellent organizational and writing skills, ability to excel at details, multi-tasking and working under pressure;
- Must have experience in the use of software programs such as MS Word, GSuite, PowerPoint, Adobe, Canva, Little Green Light, and Excel
- Direct disability experience preferred;
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese preferred;
- Experience in video production preferred.
IDEAL PERSONAL PROFILE:
The ideal candidate shall have:
- Sensitivity of and knowledge about people with disabilities;
- Personal attributes including a caring personality, emotional maturity, the ability to be non-judgmental or critical of individuals, families, and their situations;
- An understanding of ethics related to confidentiality of personal information;
- A desire to learn and openness to be flexible;
- An ability to work well independently;
- A passion for working with mission-driven organizations.
This position is 25-30 hours a week.
The Spina Bifida Association of Greater New England is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity.
$18 - $22/hour, commensurate with experience. 8 paid holidays. 15 days PTO.