Position: Operations, Programs and Events Administrator
Date posted: February 7, 2020
Search Ends: February 18, 2020
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
The Franklin N. Flaschner Judicial Institute, Inc. is an independent, non-profit organization that seeks to improve the administration of justice in Massachusetts by promoting the highest possible standards of judicial professionalism through judicial education.
The Flaschner Judicial Institute (FJI) provides a means by which new and experienced judges can continue to grow both professionally and academically throughout their judicial careers. Working in collaboration with local, state, and national organizations, educational programs are offered to state and federal judges across Massachusetts. In addition, the Flaschner Judicial Institute also develops and distributes manuals, guides, and benchbooks.
The Flaschner Judicial Institute seeks an experienced, energetic professional to support the organization’s mission to provide outstanding educational programming to the judges of Massachusetts. Working closely with the Executive Director, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Administrative support for the organization, including:
- Maintaining the files, books and records of the organization, including bookkeeping, obtaining financial data for accounting records; checking the accuracy of business transactions; bill payment, performing data entry and generating basic financial reports; recording payroll; working third party regarding benefits administrators, working with FJI accountant to ensure timely payment of all obligations and accuracy of books and records
- General office management including, coordinating office equipment maintenance, ordering supplies, etc.
- Maintaining the databases and updating the website
- Managing the logistics of educational programs and events, including marketing, registrations, room and audio/visual set-up, written materials, etc.
- Assisting in fundraising initiatives and writing grant proposals
- Tracking judicial appointments and distributing welcome package to new judges
- Facilitating the distribution of new and updated Flaschner publications
- Handling any additional duties and projects as assigned by the Board of Trustees and the Executive Director
Strong administrative, organizational, design, technology and communication skills.
Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access (Database) and PowerPoint) and bookkeeping software (Quickbooks, Quicken, etc.). Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat Professional), Wordpress, MailChimp, and SurveyMonkey a plus.
Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting and including fundraising and special events.
An interest in legal education and the public interest sector. Previous experience in accounting, finance, or other related fields a plus.
Outstanding project management skills - must be able to prioritize, plan, and manage multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail.
Ability to thrive in a team environment and work well with others.
Availability to attend evening meetings and events. Driver’s license and in-state travel required.
Physical ability to work regular hours in the FJI office is essential, as well as the ability to lift 30 lbs. Many Flaschner events are held off-site and require the transportation of materials and supplies.
The starting salary range for this position is $50,000 - $60,000, based on qualifications and experience. The Flaschner Judicial Institute offers excellent benefits, including competitive health, pension, disability, etc. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Melissa Nawrocki, Executive Director, Flaschner Judicial Institute. Email applications with a subject line of “Operations, Programs and Events Administrator” to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please combine cover letter and resume into one file. Please include your name as the file name. FJI is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline for applications: February 18, 2020. Please, no telephone inquiries.