• Co-lead the YES Outdoor Adventure summer camp programs for youth ages 8-13, including day camp activities
• Create a safe and welcoming environment for youth to try new activities and build confidence including but not
limited to biking, hiking, paddle sports, rock climbing, etc.
• Lead a structured program day that includes, morning circle, travel to the activity destination, safety talks,
games, team builders and reflection activities
• Supervise and role-model for teen staff working in the field
• Follow all camp policies and procedures and complete required staff trainings
• Provide first aid and administer approved medications as authorized by the Health Care Consultant
• Prepare and reset space for each program day
• Act as the YES liaison between partner organizations and YES
• Build trusting relationships, ensure the safety of participants, and have fun
• Is aware of and implements all COVID-19 guidelines and procedures to ensure the health and safety of all group
• Experience leading or volunteering with youth programs in an outdoor, camp, school, or similar setting including
but not limited to the following activities: biking, hiking, paddle sports, rock climbing, etc.
• Ability to work cooperatively and interact with a diverse population including adult and youth staff, youth
participants, and parents
• Ability to ride a bicycle, and commitment to learning rock climbing belay technique required
• Strong swimmer willing to complete a lifeguard certification course
• Ability to work outdoors, for extended periods in all weather and ability to lift 25 lbs
• Must be 21 years of age with a valid Driver’s License;
• CPR/First Aid required; CORI-SORI Background check will be administered.
• Fully Vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19
Other Experiences Preferred:
• Experience supervising teen staff an or certification in rock climbing, or paddle sports
Learn more here.