Compass is an innovative, mission-driven organization that supports families with low incomes to save for their future and access greater economic opportunity. We believe in our clients and in their ability to achieve their goals and dreams. We operate high-quality financial coaching and savings programs, and pursue opportunities to shape the national approach to poverty through practice and policy change. Compass is also an emerging leader in a national effort to leverage housing assistance as a platform for economic mobility. We are looking for people who want to be part of taking our programs and our impact to the next level.
For more information, please visit us on our website: www.compassworkingcapital.org.
About the Job
We are looking for a reliable and highly organized team player to provide programmatic and operational support to our Strategy Team. The Program Associate supports the Strategy Team’s capacity building work, provides day-to-day oversight for our online training and community-building platform, and engages in research projects to support a broad range of strategic initiatives. The Program Associate will play a key role in ensuring smooth and efficient operations within the organization and will support the delivery of high-quality services to Compass’ partners and stakeholders.
All Compass staff embody our values:
Believe in People: At Compass, we have a fundamental belief in all clients and their ability to achieve their goals and dreams. Our unique approach to coaching fosters a culture of aspiration, dignity, and hope.
Pursue Excellence: We hold ourselves to the highest professional and ethical standards in every aspect of our work, and we strive to always do better.
Go Further Together: Our team builds trust, respects each other, and acts with care and empathy. We believe in harnessing our strengths to find joy in what we do and in doing this work as a team, and to bring out the best in each other.
- Maintain an understanding of HUD’s Family Self Sufficiency (FSS) program and Compass’ asset-building model for FSS
- Support the planning and execution of a leading national conference for operators of FSS programs including but not limited to researching potential speakers, maintaining the task checklist, sourcing materials, and monitoring logistics and day of activities
- Maintain day to day oversight of Compass’ proprietary learning platform, FSS Link, including liaising with developer, recruiting users, fielding inquiries and making referrals to FSS Link, supporting user experience, moderating and uploading content and resources, and responding to posts on the discussion board
- Support the Strategy Team’s business development goals for FSS Link and build, regularly update, and periodically review data points in FSS Link dashboard of usage and other metrics
- Partner with Marketing and Communications team to create marketing plans to grow FSS Link’s membership
- Create and distribute a monthly digital newsletter
- Assist the Strategy Team in conducting due diligence on prospective partners
- Conduct research on housing, asset-building and other matters as needed to support the Strategy Team’s work
- Provide programmatic and operational support to the Strategy Team’s field- and industry- building initiatives for the FSS program, asset building, and financial capability
- Other special projects as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Commitment to Compass’ mission and passion for working with families with low incomes
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong research and presentation skills
- Cultural humility: openness to and respect for others’ cultures, identities, and lived experiences
- Strong knowledge of and significant experience with the Microsoft Suite of products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Precision, attention to detail, and commitment to deadlines
- Willingness to pitch in on any and all tasks related to supporting our programs
This job description is not intended to provide a comprehensive listing of all duties or responsibilities. Job duties and responsibilities may change at any time based on the organization’s strategic plan and program partners.
Healthcare: medical, dental, vision
Retirement plan 401(k) & match
Life insurance & disability Insurance
Paid time off
Paid parental leave
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Professional development & certification
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Discounted shopping and entertainment
Voluntary pet insurance and more
This position is based in either Boston, MA or Philadelphia, PA. If based in Philadelphia, travel to headquarters in Boston will be required periodically but not more than monthly. To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter that outlines your interest in this role via this link.
Compass is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities it serves.