The Community Foundation for MetroWest is the community foundation that improves the quality of life in over 30 MetroWest cities and towns—especially for our most vulnerable neighbors. Since 1995 we have been providing financial and educational resources to local nonprofit organizations, sharing essential data about the region to inform decisions, and partnering with donors to help guide and align their giving with the areas of greatest need in the community.
We support three key constituents: nonprofit organizations, individual donors, and businesses—in a variety of ways targeted to their specific needs. All of this enables the Foundation to be the go-to resource, and the hub for philanthropy and giving in our region.
Title: Program Manager
Experience: 3+ years in program management or related role
Location: Natick, MA
Job Status: Full-time, Hybrid
Reports to: Director of Programs & Donor Services
The Foundation is looking for a driven and detail-oriented Program Manager with strong project management skills to join the Foundation. The Program Manager is a critical member of the Foundation’s Program team who will successfully oversee the day-to-day management of the Foundation’s core programs and will work closely with the Director of Programs & Donor Services on additional grantmaking efforts and other special projects. This position requires an organized self-starter who can prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Living in or having strong ties to the MetroWest community is a plus.
Foundation Programs| Youth in Philanthropy (YIP) and Center for Philanthropy Education (50%)
- Overseeing the planning, execution and daily operations and success of the programs including:
- Planning and monitoring all program details and logistics
- Interacting and fostering communication with employees, students, parents/guardians, recruitment partners, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborating seamlessly with internal departments, such as Marketing and Development, to contribute to the overall success of the programs.
- Teaching or subbing YIP programs
- Representing the Foundation as experts in the field of youth philanthropy education
- Identifying programming and convening opportunities for our nonprofits as needed
- Representing the Foundation as leaders in the nonprofit professional development and capacity building space
Grant making (40%)
- Overseeing the successful implementation of all Town Fund Grant Programs, including:
- Liaising with Community Board leaders
- Maintaining the project coordination of all programs
- Collaborating seamlessly with internal departments, such as Marketing and Development, to contribute to the overall success of the programs
- Working with the Director of Programs & Donor Services on identified grant initiatives, including:
- Supporting the success of all grant review committee(s)
- Conducting initial review and overall due diligence of proposals
- Assisting with grant evaluations as needed
- Establishing and maintaining nonprofit and community relationships
- Remaining updated on community matters and providing support for relevant research and analysis as required
Other Responsibilities (10%):
- Acting as an ambassador for Community Foundation for MetroWest to elevate the Foundation’s role in the community
- Supporting work related to the Foundation’s Impact MetroWest initiative, as needed
- Supporting Donor Services efforts, as needed
- Demonstrated experience in program management in the nonprofit or philanthropy sectors (3+ years)
- Experience working with or mentoring youth a plus
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, shift and meet deadlines
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to successfully establish and maintain relationships
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Dedicated and self-reliant with a solid commitment to work
- Effective in delivering speeches and presentations to the public
Salary and Benefits:
$55,000-$65,000, commensurate with experience
We believe in taking care of our employees, and our benefits package is just one way we demonstrate our commitment to your well-being and professional growth. Our competitive benefits include:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement savings plans with employer contributions after one year
- Generous paid time off and holidays
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Community Foundation for MetroWest is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals regardless of race, color, ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, ability, gender identity, genetic information, ability and/or sexual orientation. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. CFMW aims to create a thriving, inclusive workplace through their commitment to fairness and equity across the organization.
We are looking for a team member who will enrich our culture by celebrating and embracing diversity in all its dimensions. If you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all the qualifications. We look forward to hearing from you!