Job title: Project Manager
Position Type: Full-Time, year-round
Compensation: Hourly; $22-$26/hour, commensurate with experience
Direct Report: Program & Policy Director
Location: Lancaster, MA (In-person)
The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring all grant projects are implemented according to the timeline and objectives committed to each funder. This position will also be responsible for grant reporting and corresponding program and project evaluation. This position will coordinate across staff once a grant is awarded to ensure the entire team understands the project and coordinate with key staff to establish all evaluation and benchmark tools as well as communicate out reporting needs and ensure report processes are in place according to funder requirements. We are looking for a passionate individual versed in nonprofit data management and compilation, and communications and messaging across several program areas. World Farmers enjoys working for and with a diverse staff to tell the stories of World Farmers’ work in ways that support the organization’s growth and farmer-driven evolution. The ideal candidate is a systems thinker who understands the connection between communications, relationship management, and community-based evaluation practices. World Farmers takes a shared approach to evaluation and reporting; this position will lead in supporting staff across these efforts and will guide and implement our work in these areas.
Project Implementation, Evaluation, and Reporting:
- Manage grant project timelines with staff to perform activities according to grant.
- Ensure all project objectives are linked to key activities and assigned to staff.
- Establish all evaluation and benchmark tools at the start of each project.
- Implement Community Based Participatory Evaluation practices with staff.
- Oversee use of existing grant activity platform, and work closely with key staff to ensure activities and reports are entered and tracked through our online platform.
- Coordinate with project partners on reporting needs and technical assistance.
- Assist in compilation and submission of organizational reports according to deadline, ensuring compliance to funder requirements.
- Coordinate with key staff to capture program successes and capture in a story-based way to message to the general public and funders.
- Support key staff in grant writing.
- Assist in annual fundraising campaigns through content creation.
- Other areas as they arise.
- Ensure World Farmers messaging is current and cohesive across outlets.
- Provide editorial assistance for cohesive branding and messaging.
- Assist with social media campaigns, including drafting social media posts in coordination with the Design Coordinator.
- Support Directors to communicate new processes to staff, particularly regarding project implementation and project evaluation needs.
- Support Program Director to develop communications to farmers as needed.
- Three years or more experience in nonprofit grant implementation, narrative reporting, and/or program or project evaluation in a non-profit setting.
- Experience in reporting for government grants is a plus.
- Passion for and desire to support small-scale farmers. Knowledge of this community’s stakeholders: immigrant communities and/or MA farmers.
- Ability to work in a team-based multicultural work environment, and strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate across a busy group of stakeholders.
- Ability to see the big picture and take actionable steps towards achieving strategic goals in order to realize a long-term vision.
- Strong professional written skills, with a lens of storytelling.
- Strong ability to edit written work products.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Personal integrity, honesty, and respect for others demonstrated throughout career.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the work environment.
- Social Justice, Racial Justice, and Food Justice minded and motivated individuals.
- Ownership of reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree preferred.
Additional Duties Include: acting as World Farmers ambassador and representing our values and mission across all interfaces, including with staff, farmer participants, and partners; and any other duties that working in a mission-driven, fluid operation require.
Benefits: health insurance, vacation and sick time, as well as fresh veggies!
Compensation: Hourly; $22-$26/hour; compensation and final scope of work commensurate with experience. This position is full-time year-round.
To apply: Submit résumé, brief cover letter, and three references to HR@worldfarmers.org with the subject line: Project Manager Application. References will not be contacted without your prior approval and notification.
Start Date: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, TBH as soon as possible.
World Farmers holds 30 years of experience in supporting immigrant, refugee, and beginning farmers to grow and market their produce. Through Flats Mentor Farm in Lancaster, MA, World Farmers assists over 350 farmers by providing access to land, farming infrastructure, and technical assistance in agricultural production and marketing so that immigrants and refugees passionate about agriculture and living in New England can grow familiar foods and contribute to community food systems where locally produced cultural crops are available to all.
World Farmers is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applicants from culturally diverse backgrounds and/or historically under-represented communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law. World Farmers is committed to equal employment opportunity and strongly encourages women and people of color to apply.