Project Manager, Development
The Scleroderma Foundation is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization serving the needs and interests of those living with scleroderma (also known as systemic sclerosis). It has a three-fold mission to advance medical research, promote disease awareness, and provide support and education to people with scleroderma, their families, and support network. The Scleroderma Foundation is headquartered in Danvers, Massachusetts (metro Boston area) and has a national network of 19 chapters and 160 support groups.
The Scleroderma Foundation is committed to fostering a diverse workplace. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience helps us advance our mission.
A newly created position, the Project Manager, Development works in partnership with the national office, chapter leadership and volunteers to drive organizational growth and success. This individual will utilize best practices and excellent customer service to create tools and support chapters with their volunteer-led peer-to-peer fundraising events, including Stepping Out to Cure Scleroderma walk-a-thons, third-party events, HopeRaisers and any other fundraising events. They will manage and proactively grow corporate sponsorships at the national level in partnership with the Associate Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations as well as support local chapter leadership in securing local sponsors. This person will report to the Director of Development and Major Gifts and is a member of the National Development Team. The position may work remotely however there may be times when traveling to the National Office is required.
Under guidance and supervision of the Director of Development & Major Gifts, the Project Manager, Development will be responsible for the following.
- Implement Foundation best practices regarding recruitment and management of high-level volunteers, strategic initiatives, revenue-generating fundraising activities resulting in meeting or exceeding revenue goals.
- Develop event tool kits for Chapter leadership including but not limited to peer-to-peer walks/runs, galas, golf tournaments, etc.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service by going the extra mile, understanding the impact of the disease, and in turn, use that knowledge to connect with stakeholders/prospective donors in a meaningful way.
- Work in partnership with the marketing team to develop event branding, social media, and digital plans and ensure delivery/implementation of corporate sponsor benefits.
- Ensure revenue goal is achieved by overseeing creation, implementation, and assessment of year-round strategic fundraising plans for all Stepping Out to Cure Scleroderma walk-a-thons, and other events. Plan includes campaign revenue drives: proactive team engagement, acquisition, day-of experience, sponsorship and data-revenue tracking and assessment. Make timely adjustments to fundraising strategies as needed.
- Recruit, develop, and train Chapter leaders and volunteers on donor cultivation and engagement opportunities through peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Provide guidance and knowledge to Chapter leadership and volunteers on development best practices for events, including planning a successful and safe walk.
- Manage schedules for fundraising events across the organization.
- Provide chapters with resources to support strong volunteer management as related to all events.
- Partner with and provide comprehensive support to volunteer committees to drive success in campaigns and grow support for the mission.
- Manage the fundraising events online platform through Luminate Online (TeamRaiser and HopeRaiser).
- Actively participate as a member of the Development Team.
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings, and other activities as directed.
- Support the Director of Development and Major Gifts with other fundraising initiatives as assigned.
Candidate Profile / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success in event peer-to-peer event fundraising experience, including walks.
- Knowledgeable in corporate giving, donor cultivation and recognition, peer-to-peer fundraising, digital fundraising, and donor benefits and acknowledgment.
- Proven applicable skills in volunteer management.
- Demonstrated success in utilizing best practices for social media and email to facilitate events.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented leader with strong organizational skills.
- Skillful in balancing multiple and competing priorities.
- Proven capability of working with a variety of personality and leadership styles in a matrixed organization, and externally with volunteers and partners.
- Exceptional written/oral presentation and communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience in fiscal management and budgeting.
- Knowledgeable of IRS compliance on corporate sponsorships.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative for project-based work.
- Adept at problem-solving and “big picture” thinking.
- Awareness and desire to stay abreast of current trends.
- Willingness to travel occasionally both regionally and nationally for the purposes of participating in Foundation events and functions.
Please remit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org