The Real Estate Development Project Manager is a motivated self-starter who provides general support and assistance to the Director of Real Estate Development with the development of permanently affordable housing. She/he assists in all aspects of real estate development throughout the life cycle of projects from identification and funding through completion.
- Provide staff support to the Board with respect to review of new projects
- Prepare request for proposals for various professional services, including architecture, environmental studies, appraisals, market studies; oversee and document procurement and selection process.
- Assist in analyzing properties for development and redevelopment including researching zoning requirements, researching previous funding, environmental or title issues.
- Coordinate all professionals throughout the feasibility study; assist with putting study in presentation format for the Board for their review process.
- With the Director of Real Estate Development, work to secure pre-development and development funding by drafting applications to appropriate local, state, federal and private funding sources.
- Collect historical building cost information and other research in support of proforma development.
- Provide staff support to consultants in the permitting process.
- Assist with loan closing as needed.
- Coordinate with Property Management in design process to secure input into project plans and specifications in coordination with Director of RED.
- Work with Property Management to coordinate all aspects of tenant relocation as needed.
- Develop and manage the fixtures, fittings and equipment budget (FFE).
- With Director of Real Estate Development, oversee procurement, bidding and documentation of construction services.
Construction Management Assistance
- Provide assistance and record-keeping for all compliance activities related to development projects including but not limited to Davis Bacon, Section 3, procurement, tenant relocation, URA, and Environmental Review processes, etc. as needed.
- Implement all activities necessary to project development including controlling costs, meeting grant conditions, attending to environmental testing, overseeing construction, etc.
- Attend project construction meetings as needed.
- Work to transition the completed project to Property Management; coordinate building training for maintenance/property management.
- Maintain records and reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proficient use of Excel and Word, and with aptitude for other software and mobile applications required.
- High level of organizational skills required
- High level of self-motivation and direction, creative problem-solving skills, and sound judgment required.
- Experience working with highly sensitive, confidential information preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree required
- Three years nonprofit administrative experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working at a computer.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time.
Physical and Mental Abilities: The RED Project Manager must have the physical and mental abilities to perform the essential job duties listed above. However, reasonable accommodation may be extended to help perform those duties. The job entails evening and weekend work, significant travel and long periods of sitting at a desk. There may be prolonged periods of computer work. While performing the essential duties of this job the RED Project Manager may have to use hands and fingers, walk, stand, reach, or lift up to 25 pounds. Travel to meetings and presentations, walking prospective sites and being on-site regularly during construction. Wears safety gear, specifically work shoes/boots and hard hat as needed.