You are a skilled fundraiser who is looking to make an impact closer to home. You understand the importance of connection. Individual donors, Major Gifts, Corporate Partners, and Foundations. You excel at building lasting relationships from scratch.
We are looking to disrupt the recovery space and the eliminate stigma associated with substance use. Together we can help to reach more people through the power of community and belonging.
As our Senior Development Officer, you will be supporting the growth in the Mid-Atlantic Region (including New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and more locations!). You'll be developing the fundraising strategy that will allow us to launch into new communities. If you are excited about building donor partnerships that are diverse as the communities we serve, we want to talk to you!
- In partnership with the local Program Managers and National Development Team, develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising strategy, emphasizing individual donor cultivation including diverse revenue streams such as corporate sponsorships and foundation opportunities
- Perform prospect research on foundations, corporations, and potential donors to identify new funding opportunities
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with high-value donors, elected officials, and media outlets
- Plan and coordinate local fundraising events and campaigns
- Serve as a member of the National Development Team, including participating in weekly calls and meetings and contributing to national development initiatives
- Work with Grants Managers to oversee and support grant-writing efforts as needed
- Oversee all donor relations, including Salesforce tracking, gift acknowledgment, etc.
- Work evening and weekend hours as needed
- Travel for meetings as necessary
- 4+ years of fundraising experience in a nonprofit setting
- Experience working with individual donors and major gifts
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, professionalism, and the ability to quickly adapt to change
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people from all walks of life
- Entrepreneurial spirit, humility, and integrity
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficiency with software including Salesforce or other CRM
- Lived experience as a peer in recovery
- Fundraising certificates
- 403(b) retirement plan with 4% match
- Paid time off (vacation/ sick days/ skill enhancement days)
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
The Phoenix's mission is to build a sober active community that fuels resilience and harnesses the transformational power of connection so that together we rise, recover, and live. Through activities such as CrossFit, climbing, hiking, yoga, boxing, and meditation, participants build confidence, self-respect, and community. The Phoenix offers free programs for anyone with 48 hours of sobriety, operating in 65 communities across 24 states and for people around the globe virtually. Since 2006, we have served 60,616 individuals.
At Phoenix, we welcome people from all backgrounds, and strive to create a healing-centered environment that allows everyone to bring their authentic selves to the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.