Through the compassion and commitment of our supporters, staff, partners and volunteers, The Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB) takes a bold, innovative and multi-pronged approach to achieve our mission to end hunger here. GBFB is the largest hunger-relief organization in New England and among the largest food banks in the country. We are committed to increasing our food distribution to provide three meals a day to every person in need in Eastern Massachusetts while supporting healthy lives and healthy communities. Our progress toward this goal is documented by town on our interactive map.
The Greater Boston Food Bank is a member of Feeding America, the nation’s largest hunger-relief organization.
Through compassion and action, together we can create a hunger free Eastern Massachusetts.
GBFB Team Members will support the Mission to End Hunger Here. They will live our Team Member Values of Team Member Wellbeing, Teamwork, Diversity Equity and Inclusion, Respect, Trust and Our Eastern Massachusetts Community.
GBFB Core Competencies
GBFB Core Competencies summarize the capabilities that are important across all jobs and that we believe collectively contribute to GBFB’s overall success. We believe they support our mission and our values. At the same time, the expected behaviors as they relate to Core Competencies may vary according to the specific job duties, requirements, and level within the organization. Core Competences are usually interpersonal and strategic and are at the heart of how we do our work.
The GBFB Competency Framework focuses on six Core Competencies:
- Contributes to a High Performing Team
- Builds a Shared Commitment
- Empowers Others
- Drives Continual Improvement
- Communicates Collaboratively
- Displays Authenticity and Transparency
We are seeking a dynamic Human Resources Leader to join our team as Senior Director of Human Resources Operations to assume the responsibility for the daily operations of the department. This position requires the incumbent to be able to strike a balance between being tactical and strategic. The position is a part of the Senior Leadership Team and reports to the Executive Vice President of Human Resources and Administration.
The successful candidate will be:
- An excellent communicator
- Collaborative, yet decisive
- Present with an executive presence
- Able to confidently pivot to meet the demands of the business
- Capable of providing leadership, guidance and mentoring to a team of HR professionals that include two Human Resources Managers and an Office Manager
- Skillful in influencing
- Effective in using data to support recommendations and defend their point of view
In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- 10+ years of Generalist Experience, including at least 5 years of supervising teams
- PHR/SPHR Certification-nice to have but not required
- Strong knowledge of employment related laws and SME knowledge of payroll, performance management, COBRA, ERISA, FMLA as well as benefit and leave laws and comprehensive knowledge of retirement plan administration
Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Company policy requires that all team members be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and all new hires must be fully vaccinated by the time they start employment. By checking acknowledging receipt of this job description, you are confirming that you can satisfy this express condition of employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
GBFB is considered an essential response organization in times of disaster. As such, Team Members are expected to report to GBFB locations as required, after securing the safety of their families, and may be asked to perform duties that are critical (but outside of their regularly assigned duties) in times of disaster.