Dorchester Bay Economic Development Corporation (Dorchester Bay EDC) seeks a Senior Project Manager to join our innovative and experienced real estate development team.
The Organization and Its Programs
Dorchester Bay EDC is an active and established community development corporation celebrating our 40th year serving the North Dorchester region of Boston.
We act to build a strong, thriving, and diverse community. We develop, preserve, and sustain affordable housing for rent and for ownership. We create commercial and economic development activities. Our vision for the future is one in which Dorchester will be known as a vibrant community where residents of all ages, incomes, and abilities live, work, shop, and play.
Dorchester Bay EDC has built and preserved 1,100 units of affordable housing and over 200,000 square feet of commercial space. We engage residents in community life and support a robust economy through small business support and economic development. We have directly created more than 1,200 new jobs, and provided over $7.5 million in small business and home improvement loans. We proudly support more than 3,100 local youth and adults in a variety of community organizing, leadership development, technology, and recreational programs.
Real Estate Development at Dorchester Bay EDC
Dorchester Bay EDC has an active and diverse pipeline of projects at various stages of real estate development. We are the designated developer of the Indigo Block, a 2.7- acre site adjacent to the Uphams Corner Station on the Fairmont Line, where we will construct 89 units of mixed income housing and 20,000 square feet of light industrial/commercial space with two respected development partners. We are in the process of capitalizing and revitalizing the Pierce Building, the home of Dorchester Bay EDC and the Fairmount Innovation Lab. We expect to close on this transformative commercial project, located in the heart of Uphams Corner, by the end of this year and will begin construction immediately thereafter. The Pierce Building has a large ground floor commercial space on Columbia Road and offices above.
In addition, Dorchester Bay EDC has several projects in the planning phase including a 45-unit new construction senior housing complex and the redevelopment of 56 units in our existing portfolio. We are actively engaged in responding to upcoming Request for Proposals for mixed-use developments in Uphams Corner.
The Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager will join an active community organization focused on equitable development. They will be exposed to a wide variety of real estate projects, and will have access to a stable team of dedicated professionals who work together towards shared success.
The Senior Project Manager at Dorchester Bay can expect flexibility, opportunity, and the resources required for successful professional growth. They will report to the knowledgeable Director of Real Estate Development and will collaborate with the Real Estate Team and other staff at Dorchester Bay as required.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing new real estate opportunities and evaluating early stage feasibility
- Managing permitting, planning, and the community process with community partners and organizing staff
- Assembling financing and submitting applications for grants, equity and loan programs
- Soliciting, negotiating, and overseeing third party consultant services and project teams
- Managing the closings for purchase, loans, and equity investments
- Overseeing project budgets, the construction process, and schedules
- Ensuring compliance with funding requirements and city, state, and federal regulations
- Overseeing project marketing and lease up
- Maintaining investor and lender relationships
- Assisting with understanding residential market trends in the neighborhood
- Representing Dorchester Bay before relevant boards, committees, and neighborhood groups, and
- Assuming other related duties as requested.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced professional who embraces our mission and brings a sense of humor and passion to their work. The Senior Project Manager will possess many of the following skills and qualifications:
- At least four years of experience in real estate development or finance, community-based development, urban planning or related work
- A comprehensive understanding of all aspects of real estate development from project conception through to lease up
- Familiarity with public, private, and quasi-public financing programs for affordable housing and commercial real estate, including the LIHTC program
- Experience coordinating teams
- Goal oriented and hands-on management style, with the ability to prioritize and drive multiple tasks to completion
- Entrepreneurial thinking and decision-making skills, with the willingness to think creatively to solve problems
- Ability to build positive working relationships with other staff members, partners, consultants, funders, and community members
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with project management software tools
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, urban planning, community development, or a related field, with a Master’s degree preferred
- Spanish or Cape Verdean Creole skills a plus.
The Selection Process
Please submit a cover letter detailing your interest and your qualifications for this position, along with a resume to: http://annlsilverman.com/dbedc-senior-project-manager/. No phone calls or letters please.
Applications will be reviewed and acknowledged as they are received. Dorchester Bay seeks to fill this position by early fall of 2019, if not sooner.
Dorchester Bay EDC offers an attractive benefits package and a competitive salary.
Dorchester Bay Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We encourage applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds and cultures.