General Description of Responsibilities:
The Site Manager is responsible for maintaining all apartments and structures (if any) in the apartment complex. He/She is responsible for administering policies and following procedures as outlined in the Policy & Procedure manual of Berkshire Housing Services, Inc. He/She acts as the on-site liaison between tenants and Berkshire Housing Services, Inc. with regards to maintenance problems, tenant behavior, and in general, any problems which affects the efficient management of the apartment complex and the comfort, welfare, and safety of the tenants. Strict confidentiality is always followed and adhered to with regards to management of the property and tenant related issues.
Specific Tasks &Duties include and are not limited to the following:
- Inspects apartment upon tenant giving notice to vacate.
- Completes turnover of apartment to include painting and cleaning of the unit as direct by Property Manager.
- Shows apartment to prospective tenants as requested.
- Performs pre-rental inspection and completes pre-rental inspection forms.
- Maintains an up-to-date log of all maintenance related activities.
- Maintains a daily log as to project activities and events other than maintenance activities, such as tenant activities, outside contractor work, official visitors to the project and weather conditions. This information is logged in a company provided calendar (Black Book) maintained by all on site team members.
- Attend to or repair all resident service requests within 24 hours unless parts are unavailable, or a contractor is needed.
- Provide coverage for other team members during vacations/absences.
- Maintain unit files in the fashion specified in the BHSI policies and procedures handbook.
- Performs general repairs to include minor carpentry, plumbing and electrical repairs.
- Follows written maintenance schedule on the care of equipment.
- Follows and completes the weekly site report regarding daily cleaning and routine responsibilities.
- Responsible for snow removal during and after storms seven (7) days a week. Follows the Snow Removal policy as directed by Property Manager.
- Monitor’s contractors performing tasks requested by management, including vendors performing services under seasonal contracts relating all issues to the Property Manager immediately
- Polices garbage and disposal areas (dumpsters) and all grounds of apartment complex ensuring rubbish, papers and miscellaneous debris are picked up.
- Goes to local supply centers to pick up supplies for the project.
- Maintain proper levels of inventory for maintenance supplies by communicating needs to Property Manager.
- Distributes flyers or other materials to each apartment as requested by management.
- Acts in a responsible manner always keeping in mind the Project’s interest.
- Performs all other related tasks as requested by management including enforcement of property rules and regulations.
- Is required to respond to emergency situations that may occur during the evening or weekends.
- Performs maintenance tasks as directed by management.
These duties are not meant to be all inclusive. Other duties may be added that are associated with a position of this nature.
- 3+ years general maintenance experience including basic plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, custodial and grounds keeping
- Must successfully pass Criminal Record Check-CORI, drug testing and have valid Massachusetts driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Proven ability to multitask with excellent time management skills required
- Excellent customer service skills a must
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with tenants to address issues and/or concerns.
- Dependable with excellent work ethic a must
- Basic computer ability
Job Classification: Full-Time
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday
8:00 A.M.- 4:30 P.M.
On-call evening hours and rotated on-call weekend shifts
Berkshire Housing offers an excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance plans, company paid life insurance, LTD, company paid MPFML and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide paid holidays, vacation, sick time, personal time and other benefits.
Berkshire Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer with respect to all employees and applicants for employment We evaluate qualified applicants based upon qualifications and ability and make hiring decisions in compliance with federal and state law prohibiting discrimination. Hiring decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, military service, ancestry, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and other legally protected characteristics. Berkshire Housing will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413-344-4828 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment.