Title: Special Events Operations Assistant
Reports To: Assistant Director, Special Events
Status: Non Exempt; Full Time
Start: Immediate. 35 hours/week (* some occasional evening and weekend work required)
Location: Brookline, MA (currently remote)
The Special Events Operations Assistant is responsible for all administrative and operational support of the Facing History and Ourselves Special Events Team (SET) which helps to coordinate, market and execute, and project manage the organization’s Community and Development focused virtual events.
Under the direction of the Assistant Director, Special Events, the Special Events Operations Assistant will support organizational best practices regarding event calendaring, booking, contracting and finance operations for all regional and org-wide Facing History Special Events.
Who You Are: You are an energetic self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment and are great at staying organized and on top of every detail. You can anticipate the needs of your team and feel responsible for keeping everyone on track. You can synthesize key pieces of information and understand their impact on other aspects of the work. You have excellent follow through and drive projects through to completion. You value being a part of a team and rely on good communication and the sharing of information.
Who We Are: We are an experienced and professional Events team who care deeply about the mission and work of our organization. We are highly collaborative, both within our team and across all geographies, to ensure the effective implementation of Facing History’s events. We like to take on new and exciting challenges and value an ‘all hands on deck’ mentality. We value our individual team members and are proud of what we each bring to the team.
Note: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, all Facing History events are currently held virtually. Additionally, Facing History staff are in a work-from-home order. Applicant must be able and willing to productively work in a virtual fashion for the foreseeable future, and will ideally be located in the Boston area for future in-person events.
Administrative Support for Special Events Team
- Responsible for the weekly regional SET call schedule, meeting agenda, and minutes
- Coordinate and schedule Zoom calls with regional development teams for org-wide event planning and production
- Support budget process of SET team; track expenses and assist in the management of project budgets
- Capture and collect post event metrics
- Act as the Special Events Team lead in Org-Wide intake of special projects and events and ensure that the information gathered is properly shared and documented
- Other special projects and duties as assigned
Operational Support for Regional and Org-Wide Special Events
- Serve as primary administrative support for all org wide, leadership and development events
- Uphold internal finance protocol as it applies to payments and contracts
- Create and manage timelines and workplans for org-wide events
Administrative Support for the Speaker’s Committee
- Act as administrative support to the Speaker’s Committee, a cohort of Staff who advise, review and oversee organizational engagement with external speakers
- Manage speaker and agency data and contact information
- Draft agreements, manage itineraries and all related details to speaker engagement
Essential Skills / Qualities:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent; experience with event planning and office work environment, ideally with experience in calendaring and meeting management
Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills; Able to work with people at all levels of an organization
Strong Project Management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and shifts priorities as needed
Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail a must
Excellent communication, writing, and editing skills
Creativity, communication, collaboration, and teamwork are key in this role
Willingness to pitch in as needed at all phases in the event planning and execution process to ensure success of events that further the mission of Facing History and Ourselves
Ability to work individually and as a member of a team; flexibility
Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
Excellent computer skills, including experience with Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite