Please note: The internal job title for this role is Assistant, Special Projects Office of the Co-CEO. We changed the name here for recruitment purposes and to help candidates better understand the role. The application link will lead you to a post with the internal title.
ABOUT NEW PROFIT
New Profit is a nonprofit venture philanthropy organization that backs breakthrough social entrepreneurs who are advancing equity and opportunity in America. New Profit’s strategy focuses on building a breakthrough portfolio of grantee-partners to take on entrenched systemic challenges in America, including by driving resources and support to Black, Indigenous, and Latino/a/x social entrepreneurs who have unique proximity to solutions, but face stark racial funding disparities in philanthropy; and investing in social entrepreneurs with new systems change models across a range of issues. Learn more at www.newprofit.org.
The Portfolio Investing team’s focus is to identify and support a portfolio of organizations demonstrating outstanding performance in four key areas: impact, equity and proximity, leadership, and sustainability. Our role is to identify the most promising social entrepreneurs and organizations for investment, ensure that we are providing them with excellent capacity building support, and develop and continually refine a set of tools and processes that support our grantees and the portfolio team in capturing their progress and our value add.
New Profit is seeking an exceptional person to work with the Executive Assistant to the Co-CEO and the Investor Relations Manager to support Vanessa Kirsch, Founder & Co-CEO over the next two years. You will work across the entire organization on new and ongoing projects, playing a key role in ensuring that New Profit achieves its mission and ambitious growth strategy. You will get a window into all areas of the organization with a particular focus on Investor Relations.
This position offers the opportunity to learn and grow with a high-performing team and outstanding network, and will serve as a leadership development path for you to launch your career in the social sector. The Special Projects Associate will also work closely with members of the Investor Relations and Executive Office teams.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess highly developed interpersonal, networking and influencing skills, superior organizational and prioritization abilities, strong and demonstrated judgment and tact, the ability to juggle multiple projects and details while driving toward deadlines, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, intense and entrepreneurial environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Office of the Founder and Co-CEO
- Assist with special projects as needed, including annual events and emergent opportunities
- Collaborate with the Executive Assistant and Manager, Office of the Co-CEO to better leverage the Founder and CEO’s time to allow her to focus on mission critical issues
- Diligently manage, track, and prioritize the Founder and CEO’s email; draft, write, edit, proof emails and letters
- Support the Manager, Investor Relations & Office of the Co-CEO in anticipating & responding to Founder & Co-CEO’s needs relative to upcoming meetings and events, coordinating and managing materials and talking points with teams across the organization
- Coordinate logistics and operations for local and off-site meetings and events
- Fundraising and Development
- Identify potential funders, conduct funder research, coordinate outreach and follow-up and participate in meetings as appropriate
- Capture solicitations, submitted proposals, verbal agreements, and closed commitments in Salesforce; generate and analyze reports to make recommendations on strategy and follow-ups; drive process to convert verbal agreements to signed commitments
- Ensure appropriate coordination with other partners and support staff across New Profit on fundraising activities
- Support the Manager, Investor Relations & Office of the co-CEO in maintaining overall fundraising priorities and manage to deliverable deadlines
WHO YOU ARE
- 1-2 years professional experience in a rapid-growth, entrepreneurial organization
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to capture the Founder and CEO’s voice over time
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, simultaneously support multiple projects and effectively prioritize own time and tasks
- Natural relationship-builder
- Deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- High level of maturity, empathy, and grace under pressure
- Superior organizational skills, commitment to high-quality work product, and attention to detail
- Strong command of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities
- Unwavering commitment to service and a client-facing orientation
- Strong learning orientation; the ability to learn and grow from mistakes and the desire to constantly improve and adapt
- Fundraising and development experience strongly preferred
STARTING SALARY: $47,500
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please follow this link: https://newprofit.applytojob.com/apply/G3PJIK4IGR/Associate-Special-Projects-Office-Of-The-CoCEO
As an equal opportunity employer, New Profit recognizes the power of a diverse community and strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. New Profit offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. Please no phone calls or direct emails