- Assess the current grant program and develop an annual grant plan.
- Identify funding opportunities that align with Advocates’ priorities and needs.
- Manage all grant submissions, including research, development, submission, and reporting.
- Ensure timely submission of quality proposals and reports.
- Build and sustain relationships with funders.
- Work closely with program staff and the fiscal team to ensure proper allocation and tracking of grant funds.
- Manage partnerships/collaborations with other agencies as related to grant submissions.
- Identify new funding opportunities from DMH, DDS, EOHHS, SAMHSA, and multiple other state and federal agencies that align with Advocates’ mission, services, and goals.
- Partner with leadership and program staff to manage development and submission of RFRs (Requests for Response).
- Develop collaborative working relationships with program staff and leadership to understand and articulate Advocates’ mission and services.
- Manage team of contract writers.
- Provide constructive editorial feedback.
- Support Development team with fundraising events.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 5 years’ experience in foundation research, proposal development, and grant management.
- Familiarity with the Greater Boston and Metrowest philanthropic landscape.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in both team and independent environments.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Solid problem-resolution skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strategic & creative mindset.
- High level of initiative and energy.
- Experience using CommBuys and Grants.gov a plus.
- Strongly prefer candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
- Proficiency with computers and applications including Microsoft Office.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and have access to an operational and insured vehicle.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends for event support or to meet deadlines.
At Advocates, the health and safety of the people in our care, our employees, and the broader community is our top priority. Effective October 18, 2021, Advocates will require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e. both doses of Pfizer or Moderna, or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson.)