Federation for Children with Special Needs, Inc. (“the Federation”) has partnered with Pillar Search & HR Consulting on the search for its new Staff Accountant. Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to Cindy Joyce, Founder/Executive Search Consultant, Pillar Search & HR Consulting, at email@example.com.
This is an ideal and exciting role for a mission-driven accounting professional who brings experience with general ledger, A/P A/R, reconciliations, cash receipts/credit card processing, and the ability to assist with payroll and employee benefits as well as monthly grant maintenance and billing. This position reports to the Director of Finance.
Based in Boston, the Federation’s vision is that of an inclusive society where every family, child, and young adult has equitable access to education, health and community supports. They are one of the largest parent centers in the country, serving tens of thousands of parents and professionals each year.
The Federation provides information, support, and assistance to all families, especially those with children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities. The organization is committed to listening to and learning from families and encouraging full participation in community life by all people, especially those with disabilities.
Learn more here.
- This is a hybrid role. Currently, employees of the Federation work in the office one day per week; this will eventually increase to two days per week. Employees who wish to work in the office more frequently are welcome to do so.
- The Staff Accountant is a full-time, exempt role.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist Director of Finance and serve as backup for maintenance of multiple federal, state, and private grants. Serve as backup for payroll processing and in the absence of the Director of Finance.
- Accounts payable. Review for accuracy, proper documentation, code, post, and proactively identify missing or duplicate invoices. Reconcile accounts payable monthly.
- Process account receivable invoices. Process receipts including electronic and credit card transactions.
- Manage general ledger, account reconciliation, and monthly bank reconciliation. Prepare month-end close journal entries. Reconcile liabilities for benefit withholding accounts.
- Assist with; developing new or updated financial policies and procedures, annual audit, annual preparation of federal indirect rate proposal, and financial statement review.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to pay employee benefit invoices and ensure employee reimbursements are accurate.
- Meet regularly with supervisor/team and work collaboratively with all staff. Participates in Federation staff meetings and Visions of Community Conference (VOC).
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in accounting.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Proficient with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Flexible, adaptable to change, and takes initiative.
- Able to work remotely or in the office.
- The Federation offers a very competitive benefits package.
- The office is located in The Schrafft Center and offers easy access to public transportation (the Orange Line on the MBTA) as well as parking at no cost to the employee.
Commitment to Diversity:
The Federation recognizes that the high-quality services they offer results from the individual and collective efforts of their caring and exceptional staff.
The Federation team is diverse, talented, hardworking, and enthusiastic! They value the work their employees do to impact thousands of people each year. Their stories, skills, experiences, passion, and dedication are rich and add tremendous value to the Federation’s work. They are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, filled with creativity and innovation.
The Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) embraces the diversity of our staff and is committed to increasing the diversity of our organization. As an EEO employer, FCSN is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation. Also, we welcome parents of children with special needs or those with a disability to apply!
Please learn more about the Federation’s commitment to diversity here.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to Cindy Joyce, Founder/Executive Search Consultant, Pillar Search & HR Consulting, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note: Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.