The Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown seeks two full time seasonal Summer Program Assistants for our eleven-week program of nearly 70 inspiring workshops in creative writing and visual arts taught by award-winning faculty. Our writing workshops include classes in poetry, fiction, memoir, nonfiction, and playwriting. Our visual arts workshops include classes in painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, watercolor, and photography.
Summer Program Assistants are vital members of our team and assist with the daily operations of running the summer workshops. This position assists in managing the Summer Workshops and Summer Project Residencies. Summer Program Assistants report to and work in collaboration with the Summer Program Manager. The Summer Program Assistant responsibilities relate to program operations and development, marketing, andhospitality. They and the Summer Program Manager are the primary contacts for both students and faculty, with the exception of faculty booking and scheduling.
The position runs from May 30 – August 19, 2022. The work week is 40 hours per week, with 2 non-consecutive days off per week. Evening and weekend work required. Salary: $17/hr. Includes shared on-site housing.
- Familiarity with creative writing and visual arts professions
- Comfort in a customer service role
- Demonstrated history of excellent communication and organizational skills
- Adeptness with technology and the ability to guide others on technology
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across departments
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for in-person and online learning
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- An outgoing personality
- Experience in a printmaking studio or with photography/printing equipment a plus!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Main point person, with Summer Program Manager, for student and faculty inquiries
- regarding both program content and tech questions
- Conducting general office work
- Compiling course evaluations and demographic forms from students and faculty
- Assisting in compiling data for board reports
- Managing student and faculty check-in and orientation
- Organizing and selling faculty books and Work Center merchandise
- Setting up event room, A/V equipment, merchandise, and books for faculty readings,
- artist talks, and student night
- Assisting with cleaning and setting up of visual arts studios, classrooms and
- common areas
- Assisting with the photography classes - printing images, ordering supplies
- Taking photos and supporting program promotion and events on social media
- Assisting students in the computer and media labs
- Introducing faculty during faculty readings & artist talks
- Assisting with all aspects of student night – room set up, introductions, food service,
- Preparing, setting up and cleaning for meals and receptions, including daily
- continental breakfast and weekly receptions
- Additional as needed: assisting with fundraising events and gallery support
Apply by February 14 at https://airtable.com/shryr7jE5ULB14Whl