Location: Pittsburgh, PA or Boston, MA
Position Type: Volunteer Committee Members
About Strong Women, Strong Girls: Strong Women, Strong Girls (SWSG) is a 501(c)(3) organization that works to make sure every girl realizes her inner strengths to dream and do. Our organization provides mentorship programming annually to more than 1,200 girls from under-resourced communities in Boston and Pittsburgh with the help of more than 525 college women mentors. We have 13 college chapters and more than 80 program sites across the two cities, as well as a network of professional women who volunteer as Strong Leader mentors.
SWSG is looking for Committee Members to serve on one of four committees that work directly with the organization’s Board of Directors:
- Communications Committee
- Development Committee
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee
- Governance Committee
SWSG is looking for Committee Members with the following relevant skills and experience:
- Communications Committee: Marketing, public relations, communications, and/or sales or business development professionals with a passion for brand development, story-telling, and engaging external stakeholders. Professionals with strong experience developing copy, creative brand messaging, and/or marketing materials with strong writing and editing skills are ideal.
- Development Committee: Non-profit development and fundraising professionals with experience developing a culture of philanthropy, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee: Individuals with a proven track record of implementing DEI initiatives in their professional work or personal lives. DEI professionals with experience in the non-profit or education industries is a bonus.
- Governance Committee: Operations, project management, and/or non-profit governance professionals with a passion for collaboration and delivering projects across multiple platforms.
Across all four committees, SWSG is actively seeking candidates who will expand and elevate the diversity of our organization, including in the areas of gender, race, ethnicity, educational background, disability, religious affiliation, and sexual orientation.
Commitment: Committee Members are expected to attend a monthly committee meeting. The total commitment may include 3-5 hours of participation monthly. Committee Members do not have terms, but are encouraged to serve on a multi-year basis.
All candidates must have professional experience relevant to the committee they would like to join and must be located in either the Pittsburgh or Boston region. Experience with non-profit service is preferred, but not required.
Please note: Committee Members may serve solely in a Committee Member capacity, and are not required to have prior volunteer experience within the organization. Committee Members are not members of the Board of Directors; SWSG’s Board of Directors is currently full, but participation as a Committee Member may have the potential to be a pipeline to membership on the Board of Directors in the future.
Contact: Please send a resume and cover letter indicating which committee you would like to join and your relevant qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.