ESSEX County Habitat for Humanity
Job Title: Volunteer and Community Engagement Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Charitable Giving
Job Type: Full Time / Exempt
Salary: $46,000-$50,000 plus benefits
The Volunteer and Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the volunteer program – recruitment, coordination, supervision, and recognition. Additionally, this position will work to plan and execute special events. This position works with all members of the ECHFH staff team, partnering to meet organizational needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate volunteer schedules and interests, matching organization needs with individual skills and time commitment.
- Develop and maintain a weekly work schedule for the ReStore volunteers.
- Communicate weekly with construction volunteers regarding schedules and project updates.
- Recruit volunteers through various outreach efforts such as community event attendance, PR, and outreach to community organizations.
- Greet corporate build volunteer groups at various building sites throughout Essex County.
- Spend time weekly at the ReStore to understand their volunteer needs and interact with staff and volunteers.
- In conjunction with the Director of Charitable Giving, develop a stronger Women’s Build series of events.
- Work with volunteer event committees to plan, execute, and meet financial goals for the agency’s fundraising events.
- Work with various staff and volunteers to assist in the solicitation of in-kind gifts.
- Develop and execute an annual volunteer recognition plan.
- Encourage repeat volunteers through building individual relationships, and providing public recognition through social media, print, and volunteer recognition events.
- Facilitate the distribution of our quarterly volunteer e-newsletter.
- Working with the Director of Charitable Giving, increase corporate group contributions and the number of volunteers as donors.
- Act as a liaison for the Habitat Young Professionals’ network and coordinate engagement with this group throughout the year.
- Maintain volunteer records for acknowledgment, recognition, compliance, and reporting.
- Conduct outreach activities throughout Essex County to educate the community at-large about the issue of affordable housing.
- Two years of related experience or a four-year degree required.
- Event planning experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills with varied audiences.
- Computer Literacy with a working knowledge of the Microsoft Outlook Suite of products.
- Maintain valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- This position requires a Tuesday-Saturday schedule
- Hybrid position
- ReStore is in Lawrence, MA
- Building sites are throughout Essex County, MA
- Office is in Danvers, MA
This position requires active physical participation at retail and construction sites, including standing, walking, bending, kneeling, crouching, and climbing, as well as working in an office setting, working at a computer, using a telephone, and other office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items that weigh more than 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position will regularly report to work at sites throughout Essex County. Rarely, travel for meetings outside the region may be required.