Duties & Responsibilities
• Create and execute outreach and recruitment strategies in YES's targeted neighborhoods for all YES Academy Programs. This includes site visits to parent nights, open houses, and other neighborhood events at schools, agencies, churches, and other organizations that will strengthen these partnerships.
• Maintain program and database records for all YES Academy Programs including attendance, volunteer hours and training certificates.
• Complete database audits and report issues to the data manager
• Provide oversight of teen employment opportunities and relationships with funding partners
• Guide scholarship committee through the candidate selection and award process and act as an ex-officio member of the committee
• Lead alumni communication and engagement efforts
• Manage and track spending for YES Academy budgets Leadership Development
• Create an intentional pipeline and pathway for success between entry level programming and high impact teen leadership programs
• Design Leadership Corps, Teen Employment/Internship, and College Preparation curricula with a particular emphasis on leadership development, community service, job preparation skills, etc.
• Coordinate opportunities for YES Academy teens to participate in sport and adventurebased activities and training.
Facilitation and Supervision
• Supervision of YES Academy staff including the Youth Leadership Coordinator, Mass Promise Fellows and College Interns
• Co-facilitation of the Leadership Corps workshops and programming
• Oversee hiring process, annual request for proposal and relationship with Mass Promise Fellow
Ideal candidate should have prior experience working in direct service with youth ages 13-18 in Boston's neighborhoods. Independence, initiative, creativity and excellent written and verbal communication skills are important.
• 3+ years' experience working in education, youth or job-force development, or non-profit management
• Prior professional experience supervising adult staff
• Experience building and adapting curriculum
• Strong understanding of student leadership development theory, youth voice and choice, and positive youth development practices
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, experience in data management
• Prior experience working in Boston neighborhoods is preferred
• Ability to think on your feet, exercise sound judgement and work cooperatively
• Willingness/ability to learn or support YES’s outdoor activities
• College degree is required
• MA Driver's License is required
• CORI/SORI Background check will be administered.
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) with benefits. The schedule includes evenings, weekends and overnights. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Learn more here.